• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 krusen

krusen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

Very fresh newbie here. X-box is un-modded and I have never owned/modified a computer, so please bear with me.

I was in the middle of a heated game and my drive quit reading (needed a cleaning). I got pissed and smacked the top right side of my x-box while it was running, and now it won't even turn on. I know...very stupid. What could be wrong? I took it apart and can't see anything loose inside. Should I try and fix it or just buy a new one?

#2 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:34 PM

You probably damaged the power supply unit that's why it will not turn on check the power unit to see if you can see anything out of the ordinary it's alot cheaper to buy a new psu than a whole xbox biggrin.gif

#3 krusen

krusen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

To clarify.. I get no light, no noise... nothing. Thought the spot where the power attaches to the board would need soldering, but it doesn't appear so.

#4 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:38 PM

When your psu is no good you will not hear or see anything on your xbox so that's what it probably is wrong with it sad.gif

#5 theLurch

theLurch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:56 PM

have you checked your fuses? change the one in the mains lead of the xbox and I can't remember (even though i've been inside my xbox loads of times) but there maybe a fuse in the xbox psu itself.

#6 krusen

krusen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:05 PM

Thanks guys smile.gif , I'll dig deeper 2nite and see if I can figure out what you're talking about.

#7 krusen

krusen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:34 PM

OK, tore the xbox apart last night. I assume the power supply unit is the board that takes up about a quarter of the width? On the bottom side there was a screw fused to the circuit board, and a discoloration on the case. I had always heard a rattle when I moved the console around and I guess it was this screw. Seems like it had positioned itself under that board, and when I smacked it, it grounded to the case and shorted the whole board out. Too bad this didn't happen when it was still under warranty. Anyway, would this have smoked any other of the components? Where is a good place to get a PSU?

#8 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:49 PM

I highly doubt that anything else was damaged most likely you just need a new psu what version xbox do you have cause I have a psu version 1.0-1.1 xbox I am willing to get rid of if you want it let me know biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users