• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RocTheEngy

RocTheEngy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

I have a 'busted' v1.6 xbox motherboard that had one of the two chips labeled 102 damaged. The component itself is labeled '102', the PCB is labeled RP7R2. It had its plactic shielding slightly damaged, but has all the contacts underneath. An identical, undamaged component is next to it labeled RP7R1.

Both of these components are located near the pinout header for modchips. I think the iron used was too hot and loosened the chip itself, but i have no way of knowing. I removed the IC the rest of the way with a tweezers because it was obvious that 2 to 3 of the 8 connectors were no longer mounted to the board (the component 'slid' off the contacts).

I am unsure if the component itself is damaged - the xbox has not been powered on. The foil contacts on the MB itself are in perfect condition; it's the SMD component I'd like to identify (and replace) if I can...

Anyone know what this chip is or the manufacturer so I can find a replacement?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Roc

PS - if you want to see a pic of the component I'm describing, goto http://www.teamxecut...als/x3pin16.htm and look at the "before" and "after" pics of the pinheader install. You'll see the component in the lower right corner of those pictures.

Edited by RocTheEngy, 28 December 2004 - 10:18 PM.

#2 RocTheEngy

RocTheEngy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:53 PM

Well, if anyone cares, i fixed the [messy] modchip install and took a chance of starting up the box w/o the lil 102 piece installed, figuring at best it would just be glitchy, most likely not operate correctly at all.

It works like a champ.

Have no idea what it is for, a friend has told me it is a resistor pack/array. He works with surface mount devices all the time and offered to fix the board the next time I am in town. Nice guy.

Just thought I'd give an update to the folks that read this.
Thank God it works. =)

-- Roc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users