1 reply to this topic

#1 WITWICS

WITWICS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:52 AM

This is my first hard drive mod on the xbox, so I am probably doing something wrong.

I want to have two hard drives in my xbox. One modded and one stock to play live. use MA save game hack to boot into evoX, then I used the backup tool to get my eeprom.bin. I copied all the files from the C drive over to my computer.

I then used xbobhdm to make a bootable ISO for my computer with the eeprom and C drive on it.

I am using a 10Gig Fujitsu Hard Drive (MPF3102AT)

I used the tools to build a new Xbox hard drive, and copy my existing C drive over.

I then locked the Hard drive with the included tools, and I got this screen:

user posted image

I took the Hard drive out of my computer, and hooked it up to the XBOX. Put the jumper on cable select, and I got ERROR 08.

I repeated these steps twice, and still got error 08. Can this hard drive not be used? is there anything else I can try? thanks!

#2 BAP1130

BAP1130

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:03 AM

OK, to start off with, make sure everything is plugged in...I know it sounds silly, but please check and double check everything...error 8 is No HDD found, which would be a strange error to get if the hdd wasn't compatable for some reason.

Next, you said you copied your existing c drive. I would make sure you copied all of c:, and copy e: as well...most likely your drive is locked in xbox code, but it isn't formatted correctly. Slayers Auto-Installer has a great tool on it that formats the drive for you and puts evox and all apps on it, which is great....I would try that if the above doesn't work.

Also, try a new IDE cable...sometimes they die suddenly for some reason, and I have spent hours trying to figure out why my hard drive wasn't working when all I needed to do was switch the cable.

Just on a side note, your xbox drive is 9 gigs if you use a tut to get the extra space, so I am just curious as to why you would put a 10 gig in there.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users