• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

So, I followed this tutorial for the softmod: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=249145

And, I had use the second part of the tutorial, 'cause the box said I need update.xbe, so I did that, following all the steps that ipodder laid out, created the zips and all that, but now when I try to send the saves to my memory card, it says it's too large (filesize now: 6,454KB). Would I have been better off to use an older version of slayers? I used 1.6

Just for reference, I'm using the splinter cell saves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by unprofessional, 29 December 2004 - 04:41 PM.

#2 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:52 PM

Hmm...tryin' to work through this on my own, and came up with an idea, but not sure if it'll work. Could I ftp the ltools I need (where I put update.xbe in) through mmx (think that's the right term) and then replace the ones I already have on my hdd, since they seem to be too large for the memory card?

#3 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

Guh. No luck at any of this. I can't seem to connect to mxm from my ftp. Are there any files in ltools that I could delete in an attempt to get the file size down?

#4 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(unprofessional @ Dec 29 2004, 11:23 AM)
Hmm...tryin' to work through this on my own, and came up with an idea, but not sure if it'll work.  Could I ftp the ltools I need (where I put update.xbe in) through mmx (think that's the right term) and then replace the ones I already have on my hdd, since they seem to be too large for the memory card?

View Post

that would work, see if you can change the network settings in mxm or edit the mxm.xml to allow for dhcp or whatever your network is set up for

#5 aerofan897

aerofan897

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, modifying, mod chips
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:12 PM

http://how2xbox.tk/

read there!

#6 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(aerofan897 @ Dec 29 2004, 03:43 PM)
http://how2xbox.tk/
read there!

View Post

that doesn't help!

QUOTE(awal)
that would work, see if you can change the network settings in mxm or edit the mxm.xml to allow for dhcp or whatever your network is set up for

Excuse my ignorance, but how would I go about doing any of those things? If I could just get the damn ftp to connect, I'd be grand. I'm having the hardest time. I don't have any sort of router, so I'm just using a crossover cable to connect the pc to the xbox.

Here are my FTP settings:
Server: 192.168.0.1
User name: xbox
Password: xbox

When I try to connect, I get the message:
Connecting to 192.168.0.1 PORT=21
Connection failed (No route to Host)

When I'm in ltools, it says IP: 0.0.0.0 ENET; is that supposed to be like that?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just a bit frustrating to get so close, yet not all the way.

#7 boson245

boson245

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:21 PM

I really don't have much to offer except something to try. What OS are you running? If you're on Windows, open a command prompt-I forget exactly what they're called; Start-Programs-Accessories-'Command Prompt'-and type ipconfig. I've never used the command with a crossover, but it may return the xbox's ip address. That way you can atleast be sure you're using the right one.

#8 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(boson245 @ Dec 29 2004, 04:52 PM)
I really don't have much to offer except something to try.  What OS are you running?  If you're on Windows, open a command prompt-I forget exactly what they're called; Start-Programs-Accessories-'Command Prompt'-and type ipconfig.  I've never used the command with a crossover, but it may return the xbox's ip address.  That way you can atleast be sure you're using the right one.

View Post

Hmm...when I did that, it says that it's disconnected...

Is there a chance that the modem on the xbox is somehow fried?

#9 boson245

boson245

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

Did you have the xbox on when you typed the command?

#10 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:27 PM

Most definitely.

And, now I'm noticing that whenever I have my crossover cable plugged into my xbox, windows is reporting that my lan is unplugged.

#11 boson245

boson245

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:35 PM

I don't really know much about the whole cross over thing, but I assume windows would know if another computer was connected to it. You may want to google crossover cable setup xbox, or something like that, to make sure its set up correctly. I'm sure there's tutorial's on this site too.

#12 unprofessional

unprofessional

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for trying. Perhaps somebody else will have a suggestion.

I followed the networking guide on here, but after googling it, like you suggested, it looks like I should check out this winroute thing, and see if that'll help.

Wish there was an easy way to install 4920, 5659, or 5960. That'd solve a lot of problems, since I don't even really want to ftp much (at all). Figured I'd just burn dvds. sad.gif

#13 xokia

xokia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:16 AM

Lol I would suggest you read up on network connections

Go into your MS screen set settings to static change the xbox IP to 192.168.0.2
set the gateway to 192.168.0.1

In your ltools you sould have an ini file that you can set these settings as well. Change these settings then save them back to your memory card. Save to the hard drive then turn off the xbox and back on again.

now load your ltools

You also need to set you PC up as static 192.168.0.1 I'll let you google this one

Edited by xokia, 30 December 2004 - 12:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users