X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:51 PM

Yo,

I havent checked but is there a program to mod car_speed/tracks? I dont think so, but anyway I could write an application that would allow people to easily edit/mod the game via the ini files. But I would like someone to help me with the details and stuff so that we can make this app easy to use and have a graphical interface (basicly showing the new track, etc).

Maybe DOS4GW dude? smile.gif

BlueCELL

#2 Rooble

Rooble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:45 AM

But I would like someone to help me with the details and stuff so that we can make this app easy to use and have a graphical interface (basicly showing the new track, etc).

I didnt even know you could make/edit your own tracks? Or have i misinterpreted that? blink.gif But anyway, i started something like this ages ago, it was in VB so it wasnt anything powerful, and it was just for manipulating a few simple values in the cars ini's.. im not sure if i have it anymore, but most people wont really need to adjust every single value. And if you are going to make this public, it really should have some decent features, there isnt much point in writing a bit of software if you could do the same thing in the same amount of time tongue.gif

I guess if you need any help on some of the values and there meanings, then you might aswell post in here and im sure most people will answer as much as they can.

#3 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:30 PM

There is a Pgr2 editor made by one of the guys here BlueCELL. But the thread is no longer in the database.

#4 BlueCELL

BlueCELL

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:49 PM

icic...but i guess Rooble is kinda right eh?

#5 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:28 PM

Not sure what part of what he said you're referring too, but you can't edit the tracks themselves, no.

There is no point of making a new one. The other guy made an app with the options needed. He asked me which values did what and I provided a close to full list. His app should good.

Edit. webscripter is his username.

Edit. Google "pgr2editor v0.1". Click the third link in the result. Xdk produced, no links..

Edited by DOS4GW, 30 December 2004 - 06:56 PM.

#6 Rooble

Rooble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:32 PM

That pgr2editor v0.1 is ok.. But it is pretty awkward to handle, a PC based tool would be much better, a sliding bar to adjust a value with a mouse would be far easier to use then a control pad that is overly twitchy. If you added a small file transfer function, and made it look pretty funky, and gave as much detailed info on each of the values so that new users could grasp it quicker, then it might be worth doing... biggrin.gif

#7 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:38 PM

Well I still can't understand why peolple can't stick to the good old editors.

#8 BlueCELL

BlueCELL

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

I was thinkin more of a PC based utility...But I guess your right, might as well use the one avaiable and not waste my time on this.

But thanks for ur input.

#9 Rooble

Rooble

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:02 PM

To be honest, i think notepad does a better job of editing the cars then that pgr2editor v0.1... And yes a PC based tool would be alot better. Just think, you could have pretty little charts showing torque curves and gear ratios and sexy stuff like that smile.gif And the sheer fact of it being easier to use, and probally more efficent, once you've used that xbox based one, you'll see why im sticking with notepad for now tongue.gif , well, i havent edited a car for a while now, dont really care for it anymore, but a good tool is always handy wink.gif Give it a thought, if you have nothing better todo, then i guess its worth a shot.

#10 BlueCELL

BlueCELL

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:54 PM

Well I'm sure I can find better things to do, just thought that there was a bigger need for a program like this (apparently I was wrong). But anyway, just a thought

BlueCELL

#11 cgray526

cgray526

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:30 PM

I think Its a great idea, a pc based editor would be alot easier to use and could include more features.

#12 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:46 AM

There already are loads of pc based editors. Ie. vi, emacs, nano, pico, vim, joe, microemacs, and xemacs, along with edit or notpad for the less advanced users.

Include more features? Is that in the ini or in the pgr2 editor? I'd like to see how you includ more features in the ini...

Regarding the pgr2 editor; I can tell you it is made with the most important values to edit, and not more then those who's there due to the usergroup it's ment for. If it had more values to edit the users would only fuck the cars up and whine about it.

#13 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

I like the PGR2 editor that webscriptor/ Roadkill3r/ and Laurens VD made

happy.gif very nice indeed, but i noticed somethign that needed to be fixed.
When in the actual cars.ini you will find the car values and theres a actual speed value that i DID NOT notice in the pgr2 editor. Whats up with taht man?
Because I would like to have my car not only go good with RPM, but also top speed.

I have one last question? What does verified 0 and 1 mean, because the cars like Z8 and shelbycobra have 1's and thgey cant be edited for some reason

Edited by Infinite_Matrix, 23 April 2005 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users