1 reply to this topic

#1 robK

robK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:34 PM

newby asking:

I just soldered my xenium ice chip and have put the FTOP bios into place.
works fine.

but when I installed the M8_16 and the M8plus_16 It does the same as the FTOB bios.

what are those M8_16 bioses supposed to do? Can I browse the HD with them, can I play a DVD movie without a 'DVD-kit'?

are there other bioses I can use with the xenium Ice on a XBOX 1.6?

please help

#2 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:48 PM

ok, here's the deal. A bios runs in the background. Just like on a computer, you can flash the xbox with all the bioses you want and it'll keep booting the normal M$ dash.

You have to configure this bios to boot the dashboard (like an operating system). Now, i think all bioses will default to D:\default.xbe then it will look in 3 other places specified by the user and last the default M$ dash. So you have to configure where your dashboard files are. Easiest way to do this with the xenium is to use the xenium FTP feature and ftp a dashboard to your C:\ drive or your E:\ drive or where evever (most people put it on C:\) then configure your bios to launch E:\avalaunch.xbe or E:\evox.xbe or what ever dash you downloaded (I recomend avalaunch) Then your set.

Also, only use evox M8plus since you have a 1.6, so far it's the only bios that works for you.

http://www.xbox-scen...ios_retail.html

That site has the bios list options and such.

To edit the bios you use some program, i know for most bioses it's XBtools but i beleive M8 needs sumtin else. Search around i'm sure u'll find sumtin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users