• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aftermath90

aftermath90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:45 AM

My modded xbox(xecuter 2.3 pro chip, 160g hdd, evox dash) is not functioning anymore. It started to freeze on certain games loaded from the hard drive. Now when I power it up, it goes to the screen where it has xecuter on the the bottom instead of the MS insignia and freezes there. When I try booting it up with the mod chip switched off, it gives me"unspecified error" message. I purchased this modded xbox through a third party and did not do any modifications personally. It had been working great for the last 6 months. I have lugging it around, but am careful in doing so. If you could can give me any suggestions in how to get it up and running again, it would be much appreciated!

#2 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:49 AM

will it boot a game - original or backup if you boot the xbox up with the game already inserted

if it boots the game disc ok - then it mat indicate that your dashboard files are currupt or worse the h/d is dying/dead

if you suspect h/d is dying then see if you can throw in another unlocked h/d - preferable already formatted to confirm that your h/d might be knackered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users