#31 CrayZEE

CrayZEE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:02 PM

I appy for the position smile.gif

I have 1.0, 1.1 , 1.4 ( a ton) and a 1.6 machine, i can test it in very many scenarios
and beyond that, i find bugs often, its a gift smile.gif

#32 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(CrayZEE @ Feb 23 2005, 06:08 AM)
I appy for the position smile.gif

I have 1.0, 1.1 , 1.4 ( a ton) and a 1.6 machine, i can test it in very many scenarios
and beyond that, i find bugs often, its a gift smile.gif

View Post

It is a little late now. And plus James seems to have taken a vacation for a bit or he is just coding really hard and is going to surprise us all... unsure.gif cool.gif

#33 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys, what's up?

Two months, that's how long I've been away, whew, longest ever. Actually, I just came back a couple of weeks ago, only to find my PC not working due to bad memory. I've been in and out of the city, but it's over now. I finally found some time to fix my PC and now it's working again. So, I'm back.

I just did a quick check and found quite a few emails and some PMs dated as early as first week of January. Yeah, that's how long I've been offline. Haven't read any of them yet but I will the soonest time possible. Expect a reply towards mid to end of the week. Sorry if it seemed I ignored your emails but I just don't have the means to access them during my 6-week hiatus. It's not really a break but work related.

Anyways, I just uploaded a new WIP build. I was supposed to upload this one 2nd week of January but I didn't have the chance to do so. I did a quick recompile since I reinstalled everything on my PC and now, it's up.

No major change since the last WIP build. Most are fixes to the bugs already reported here. Fixes some problems with (yet again) both FTP client and server, still file I/O related.

New addition: Language setting. Actually, "String Resource file" is more fitting term than language setting. Instead of presenting a list of language file, the dash shows a file browser (xml file filtered) so the file can reside anywhere on any partition. The list of replaceable string is not yet complete and only covers some messages, file manager, game saves manager and settings screen. You can find the option under "System Settings". Note that only labels can be localized/changed and not the values, so a value of "Yes" can't be changed to "Si".

I moved the "Auto-Detect" from the "Network" section to "FTP Server". I thought I could use it for another module but I can't think of something yet besides the FTP server so I moved it there for now.

I finally found a use for the "Type" attribute in the Screen saver settings. Text, Movie (Video) and Path (Slideshow) value are now separated into their own section. So, you can put a different values for each and just tell the dash which one you wanna use.

There are quite a number of small changes and bug fixes that's incorporated in this build. I don't have the complete list but I'll post it soon.

It didn't quite went the way I envisioned it. I wasn't able to put out a build as I promised but things were out of my hand. I'll try my best to make up.

Thank you all very much.

#34 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

Well sweet. Glad to see you are back. I haven't tried out the WIP yet but I will take it for a whirl here in a bit. And to all beta testers please post that you are using beta 2 or whatever this is called so we don't confuse this and the first beta. Again thanks for the news James. smile.gif beerchug.gif

#35 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Feb 28 2005, 07:20 AM)
... And to all beta testers please post that you are using beta 2 or whatever this is called so we don't confuse this and the first beta....

View Post

Its Wip Build 551

#36 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:24 AM

hopefully you still need more bug-finders, sent you an email at your gmail adress, from xarann @ g mail

#37 GunPR

GunPR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

i know how to fix my xbox if i get something wrong
btw tho i can run the beta dash directly from the xbox hdd dont need to be installed but i can install it too and recover if something gets wrong XD

can help you with spanish to make unleashx in spanish also..

so what more i need to know???

hope you get me in, want to help tho..
like ur dash best dash out there...

XBOX VERSION: 1.0 & 1.6
MODCHIP/TSOP TYPE: 1.0 TSOP / 1.6 softmodded
HDD MAKE/MODEL/SIZE: 1.0 WDC/1200JB-00CRA1/120GB
HDD G DRIVE ENABLED: NO
UNLEASHX .XBE LOCATION: C:\ & (i can run the dash in any folder and partition on the xbox, well everybody can if you know how to do it XD)
NETWORK SETUP: Thru Nic/Lan Cards
PC FTP SOFTWARE: Flash Fxp/Explorer Ftp

Edited by GunPR, 29 March 2005 - 02:06 PM.

#38 Smoko

Smoko

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:32 AM

I emailed you.

smithy404 at googlemail . com

#39 Booker T

Booker T

X-S Genius

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

Send my email hope i become a tester!!

Edited by Booker T, 07 April 2005 - 06:48 AM.

#40 JeroenDierckx

JeroenDierckx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

I sent an email a couple of days ago, I can't wait to contribute to this great project!

I certainly hope there is going to be a public release soon, with all the ftp fixes, cause right now, ftp is quite useless (more than half of the games I tried ftping failed, both between xboxes and between pc and xbox).

Greetz,
JeDi

#41 DaBiscuit

DaBiscuit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, VGM, Console modding

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:58 AM

I don't know if it's too late in the game for you to accept new testers, but I figure that the x-box scene isn't going anywhere, just because the X360 is launching.

I've sent you an email, my address is soluzar AT fastmail DOT fm

#42 et00l

et00l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:06 PM

Anyway I could try it? I have been dying to see what you guys are working on. I am perfectly fine with recovery and troubleshooting if so would arrive. I have a 1.6b with Xecuter 3 and stock hd and I have a 1.0 TSOP flashed with a 320 GB HD both running Unleash X as a dash.

et00l at machlink dot com

#43 TIMxIRISH

TIMxIRISH

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

I realize this post of mine is close to 2 years since the original thread creation date, but UnleashX has always intrigued me. If I can help at all, I'd love to. An email has been sent from astaks_AT_gmail_DOT_com . I have two (soon to be three) xboxes. Both are 1.4 systems, and one is chipped with X3 CE, the other is SmartXX v3. My third xbox is going to be a 1.1, and I'm slimming it down. I havent decided whether i'm going to TSOP it or put a Xenium in it, but I'm leaning toward TSOP.

Edited by TIMxIRISH, 20 September 2006 - 07:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users