conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

hi im having a problem with backup my original games. i`ve een backup up games since feb this year without a problem then last week, bang not one game that i`ve backup up will work. Im ftping the files over from the d drive, rebuilding them with qwik, they start to load then stop, if i`ve patched them with quik, they boot then stop at random, i`ve copied the games to the xbox hd, then ftp'd files over and rebuilt, they still dont work. Im using a x3 chip with the latest bios. im using xbmc as my dash, and also tried to ftp with the onboard x3 server. I`ve managed to do lots of games with this chip without a problem. the only thing i`ve changed is the disc drive, i had a philips and not got a samsung xbox drive. sometimes then ftp'in the files my flashfxp will just stop and lose connection. i`ve used another xbox and sent the files to my pc, rebuilt and the games still dont work. i did however try to open some .tga files with paint, if that is the problem. please help cause its really doing my head in now, wasted 25 dvdrs already. if i download a game and burn it, they play great. I`ve tried to backup, PGR2, rainbow six 3, and black arrow.

#2 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

can any1 help me at all here im going out my head, 41 reads and not a single reply lol

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:24 PM

if i download a game and burn it, they play great

no piracy bro biggrin.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=11&t=15130

try burning them that way.. its how i make every game and it works great.. im guessing its not the way you are making them tho... maybe the discs you have arent compatable with the new drive you got?

#4 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:27 PM

whats piracy got to do about it, i`ve got the original, so its not piracy, thats what im trying to say, i cant make backups of originals anymore, and as for the discs they must be compatible because i`ve been using the same disc for nearly a year, and if other ppl do the backup on their pc the games work.

#5 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:04 PM

Well it sounds like your burner is maybe crapping out. I had a burner that would say it burnt an iso image, but then in reality it didn't.. New burner solved that... Maybe thats all you need.

#6 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:10 PM

cant be the burner cause i can still do downloaded games, if it was the burner then it wouldnt play them. does any1 know how to remove the default programs that windows uses, cause i`ve got .tga files opened with paint for some reason, and .xpr with word as well, i wanna reset it to nothing, hopefully that might be it.

#7 conners

conners

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:22 PM

nearly 100 views and nobody can help me sob lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users