• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 greenlant

greenlant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:42 PM

i have installed a spider on my 1.6, even with the lacquer problem. working great. now i am doing another 1.6 and the damn thing will not stop the double reboot and red/green flashing light. anyone seen a bad chip?

#2 Klingon

Klingon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(greenlant @ Dec 30 2004, 09:13 PM)
i have installed a spider on my 1.6, even with the lacquer problem. working great. now i am doing another 1.6 and the damn thing will not stop the double reboot and red/green flashing light. anyone seen a bad chip?

View Post

I would not rule out a bad chip. But most likely one of your connections are faulty, read my lil guide at http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=330891 for tips.

#3 greenlant

greenlant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

i have read almost every forum here. those are good collection of tips. the mobo does have lacquer but i am sure that is not the problem. i have gone over this a thousand times and it all is correct. what does it look like if there is no bios on the chip? i have done the longer screw also

#4 Klingon

Klingon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(greenlant @ Dec 30 2004, 10:30 PM)
i have read almost every forum here. those are good collection of tips. the mobo does have lacquer but i am sure that is not the problem. i have gone over this a thousand times and it all is correct. what does it look like if there is no bios on the chip? i have done the longer screw also

View Post

Does it boot ok if you set the switch to off?
An untouched spider chip should come with the cromwell bios....

#5 greenlant

greenlant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:08 PM

it boots fine when turned off or un-installed. i have been beating my head on this thing. i looked under 3x magnafication and the holes are all good. the chip is sitting down all the way, no diff if i push down on it. i have even rapped my finger in elect tape and held the wires.

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

i have even rapped my finger in elect tape and held the wires.

biggrin.gif That is great its really cheered me up tonight. why did you wrap your fingers in tape. Do you have metal fingers or what?

Bact to the point of the tale. I read one post where a guy had got a spider with a corrupt bios but its rare. the chip could be faulty but that would be rare too.
Its as likely the install, thats the problem with solderless. can you not solder in a pinheader with these and try it that way. If you can't then you will have to persevere but in the end you may have to try another chip in the box to prove it one way or another

#7 greenlant

greenlant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

i have fingers of steel. or maybe a static precaution. whatever. i have anohter chip on the way. so that is the final test, just hate waiting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users