11 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi9143

Yoshi9143

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 12:42 AM

If the lpc holes are filled why do tutorials say take out the solder when ur gonna put solder in them anyway!?! Im assuming there is a specific reason.

#2 Marmite

Marmite

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2003 - 12:53 AM

that is only if you are going to use a header pin and ribbon, you need to solder out of the holes in order for the header to fit in them.

#3 noodles2k5

noodles2k5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding, computers, music

Posted 24 February 2003 - 01:37 AM

What if you just heated up the solder and slid the header into it? That actually sounds easier.

#4 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2003 - 02:14 AM

You could never heat all of the pins on the headerpin at the same time. Why african-american-rig your xbox when you could just do it right?

#5 Marmite

Marmite

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 February 2003 - 02:53 AM

What the hell!? Dude, shut the fuck up. Bash people, not a whole Race. I could just as easily say "Why not Redneck-idiot-rig your xbox by shovin' it up your ass?"

#6 chalbing

chalbing

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 03:20 AM

Why african-american-rig your xbox

That is pretty fucked up dude.

#7 slaycon

slaycon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Feb 24 2003, 03:14 AM)
You could never heat all of the pins on the headerpin at the same time. Why african-american-rig your xbox when you could just do it right?

At least he/she/it is politically correct.

#8 noodles2k5

noodles2k5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding, computers, music

Posted 24 February 2003 - 04:47 AM

The way you people are talking, it sounds like there's something wrong with saying "African-American". Who's the racist now?!?!

j/k biggrin.gif

Edited by noodles2k5, 24 February 2003 - 04:47 AM.

#9 mljones

mljones

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Feb 24 2003, 03:14 AM)
Why african-american-rig your xbox when you could just do it right?

Come on now. Whatever happened to being helpful to people, even newbies? Let's spread the love here in the scene instead of tearing it down. And that comment was really demeaning. Just post your point. I'm not ragging on you either, though. Just saying what I think should be done.

Yoshi, it seems redundant but you need to take the solder out of the holes and then resolder the HeaderPins to the LPC points. This will create a much better connection and leave your chip working the way it's supposed to.

#10 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:50 AM

Here's the thing. You can "bash" me. I can "bash" you. The fact of the matter is I didn't bash anyone directly. I was politically correct and used a common figure of speech. I know it's the cool thing to do to be anti-racist but there wasn't any racism in my comment. I merely cleaned up a common figure of speech. You still had to go the extra mile on me and get pissed off and try to look like a hero by bashing me. There was no need for that. You got my point by what I said and no one had been hurt and it wasn't meant to offend anyone. I'm sorry that you took it upon yourself to get offended and try to look cool.

#11 slaycon

slaycon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Feb 25 2003, 04:50 AM)
Here's the thing. You can "bash" me. I can "bash" you. The fact of the matter is I didn't bash anyone directly. I was politically correct and used a common figure of speech. I know it's the cool thing to do to be anti-racist but there wasn't any racism in my comment. I merely cleaned up a common figure of speech. You still had to go the extra mile on me and get pissed off and try to look like a hero by bashing me. There was no need for that. You got my point by what I said and no one had been hurt and it wasn't meant to offend anyone. I'm sorry that you took it upon yourself to get offended and try to look cool.

Amen Brother. I am anti-anti-racist. Wait, that would make me a racist. Then I am anti-anti-anti-racist.

#12 stee-blak

stee-blak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 06:21 AM

Hmmmmmmm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users