7 replies to this topic

#1 |Show|

|Show|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:30 AM

right, well i've got a few DVDs that i want to backup onto my xbox and i've got DVD Decrypter, DVD shrink, DVD2AVI and Virtual Dub.
currently i've got as far as having an AVI for the video and an AC3 for the audio, both around 350mb each.
i've put them into VitualDub (well its a modded version called Nandub) and set everything up with the Divx codec and around 960 for the bitrate.
its just been running for around 15mins and not got very far into the encoding before its crashed (some kind of errors) and closed, but for some reason even though it'd only dont a few minutes it'd created an 11gb file (i cant believe this as its only encoding the main film, and the full rip from the disk including menus etc @ full quality was under 5gb.
so can anybody tell me how to get a final avi file that combines the video and audio in under 1gb?
thanks smile.gif

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:19 AM

You seem to have the wrong message board. Here we talk about xbox backing up, not DVDs. You would do better to search a DIVX forum than a XBOX forum.

#3 |Show|

|Show|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Dec 31 2004, 01:50 AM)
You seem to have the wrong message board.  Here we talk about xbox backing up, not DVDs.  You would do better to search a DIVX forum than a XBOX forum.

View Post

but thats what i'm doing, i'm backing them up....without them using up several gigs

#4 thefilepirater

thefilepirater

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:36 AM

are you tryin to make divx or dvdrs?

#5 Patriot

Patriot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:51 AM

I recommend the tutorials on www.videohelp.com for you.

#6 |Show|

|Show|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(thefilepirater @ Dec 31 2004, 02:07 AM)
are you tryin to make divx or dvdrs?

View Post

i havent got a DVD burner yet to a Divx untill i've got a DVD burner.

#7 thefilepirater

thefilepirater

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:55 AM

since your new to these...i suggest you use a "click n burn" program untill you learn about bitrates and all that...

DVDx is a very nice program..lets u select what and all that...

if you do have a dvd in ur pc...play the movie for a few to unlock it then run it thru dvdx

if you dont have a dvd...play it on ur xbox for a few to unlock it...then ftp it all to ur pc..or if u dont have 10+ gb...copy over the main big vobs...they will prolly be 3-5 and bout 1gb..thats the main movie

#8 |Show|

|Show|

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(thefilepirater @ Dec 31 2004, 02:26 AM)
since your new to these...i suggest you use a "click n burn" program untill you learn about bitrates and all that...

DVDx is a very nice program..lets u select what and all that...

if you do have a dvd in ur pc...play the movie for a few to unlock it then run it thru dvdx

if you dont have a dvd...play it on ur xbox for a few to unlock it...then ftp it all to ur pc..or if u dont have 10+ gb...copy over the main big vobs...they will prolly be 3-5 and bout 1gb..thats the main movie

View Post

thanks (i was lookin for a 'click n burn' but found a guide that does it the complicated way so went with that.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users