tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:35 AM

I used xboxhdm to create a new 120g hd. I had a softmodded xbox using ltools UDE and I copied over the c and e drives and the eeprom.bin. I put in the new hd and now the front light on xbox flashes green and red alternately. Somehow it still plays games from a disc though. How do I get it to work and load the dash?

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(tbone6 @ Dec 31 2004, 02:06 AM)
I used xboxhdm to create a new 120g hd.  I had a softmodded xbox using ltools UDE and I copied over the c and e drives and the eeprom.bin.  I put in the new hd and now the front light on xbox flashes green and red alternately.  Somehow it still plays games from a disc though.  How do I get it to work and load the dash?

View Post

The easiest way would be to pick up Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer V2.6 or Auto-Installer Deluxe V1.0. Puts pretty much everything you could want on your HD in the click of a few buttons. Much less bother than going though all that BS. Simply pick up the Auto-Installer (you are on your own for where to get it), and pop it in your XBOX. Select the option to reformat the HD and it will take care of the rest for you.

#3 tbone6

tbone6

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:24 AM

Will my xbox read the disc with this new hd in? I was wrong before, it won't play games with this hd in.

#4 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:30 AM

Did you lock the HD...I'm guessing thats the problem since you didn't mention it.

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(tbone6 @ Dec 31 2004, 02:55 AM)
Will my xbox read the disc with this new hd in?  I was wrong before, it won't play games with this hd in.

View Post

Yes they function as boot discs (at least for the install process). When I upgraded to my 80GB HD, it was fresh out of the package (no formatting, no nothing). I turned on the XBOX and popped in the Auto-Installer disc and it booted right up. Anyways, they will also function the same way if you already have something on your HD.

Edited by jesterrace777, 31 December 2004 - 05:32 AM.

#6 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Dec 30 2004, 09:01 PM)
Yes they function as boot discs (at least for the install process).  When I upgraded to my 80GB HD, it was fresh out of the package (no formatting, no nothing).  I turned on the XBOX and popped in the Auto-Installer disc and it booted right up.  Anyways, they will also function the same way if you already have something on your HD.

View Post

Not if he is softmodding.

#7 Zipp425

Zipp425

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:38 AM

Ya if ur softmodded the best way to add a new hdd is to copy all the stuff from ur current HDD onto ur CPU then pop in ur new HDD format it to FATX (im not sure how haha guess im newb) then copy all the files over then redo the whole expliot thing if u need too, that way u can reflash ur bios and put in an installer disc or somethin...'

Actually im not 100% sure about this but it makes sense... Im not a pro im not sure how i got my HDD to work haha

#8 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Zipp425 @ Dec 30 2004, 10:09 PM)
Ya if ur softmodded the best way to add a new hdd is to copy all the stuff from ur current HDD onto ur CPU then pop in ur new HDD format it to FATX (im not sure how haha guess im newb) then copy all the files over then redo the whole expliot thing if u need too, that way u can reflash ur bios and put in an installer disc or somethin...'

Actually im not 100% sure about this but it makes sense... Im not a pro im not sure how i got my HDD to work haha

View Post

I think you meant copy them to your PC...Pretty sure you want xboxhdm to help with this problem you have. He isn't looking to flash his bios...he obviously wants to softmod...xboxhdm is the only way to upgrade to a larger HD with softmod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users