7 replies to this topic

#1 gerpena

gerpena

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:07 AM

Ive tried everything to stop it.... Even disabling TSR.

It still reboots everytime in multiplayer mode... WHY?!

#2 gerpena

gerpena

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:35 AM

please, please, please help....

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

We need more info. Is this the original disc? Is your XBOX modded? Is there any error code displayed? How old is your XBOX?

#4 gerpena

gerpena

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:22 PM

Thank you so much for your help. My xbox is 3 months old, and no other game ever causes any problems... except Halo and Halo 2 and only during system link/multiplayer games. The problem is always the same... sudden and unexpected reboots.

I have tried backing up 3 new versions of Halo 2... and 1 PAL version. I have also tried burning on 5 different media brands and playing off my xbox HD.. but no luck. I have also tried Craxtion and Qwix.. again, no luck.

I am going crazy here and have no clue what else to try.

#5 samoyeds_4life

samoyeds_4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:11 PM

Let's rule out some things.

If the game plays perfectly in Campaign mode, then your issue isn't with the media you are using. I highly doubt the problem would be with your DVD drive either, but have you tried running the games off the HDD? Even the stock HDD has room for Halo or Halo 2.

Have you tried running the games with the modchip off? If you have the same problem with the modchip off, then your problem isn't with your chip.

What 3 versions plus a PAL version are you speaking of? NTSC(USA) only has two versions, a regular and limited edition. It sounds like you might be talking about "release" versions. If you are, then maybe that's your problem -- a bad source.

#6 gerpena

gerpena

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:28 PM

I have a softmod, UDE2 via ltools. The versions I've tried to backup are the one i bought, one of my friends, and another PAL one. I have run out of ideas.

QUOTE(samoyeds_4life @ Dec 31 2004, 10:42 PM)

Have you tried running the games with the modchip off?  If you have the same problem with the modchip off, then your problem isn't with your chip.

What 3 versions plus a PAL version are you speaking of?  NTSC(USA) only has two versions, a regular and limited edition.  It sounds like you might be talking about "release" versions.  If you are, then maybe that's your problem -- a bad source.

View Post

#7 gerpena

gerpena

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:45 PM

I have a softmod, UDE2 via ltools. The versions I've tried to backup are the one i bought, one of my friends, and another PAL one. I have run out of ideas.

QUOTE(samoyeds_4life @ Dec 31 2004, 10:42 PM)

Have you tried running the games with the modchip off?  If you have the same problem with the modchip off, then your problem isn't with your chip.

What 3 versions plus a PAL version are you speaking of?  NTSC(USA) only has two versions, a regular and limited edition.  It sounds like you might be talking about "release" versions.  If you are, then maybe that's your problem -- a bad source.

View Post

#8 samoyeds_4life

samoyeds_4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

Ahh, I'd bet that's your problem. You are a softmodder. Check out the Halo 2 pages. See the 100000000000000s of other softmodders with Halo 2 problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users