8 replies to this topic

#1 ado07

ado07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:49 AM

I had 4983 bios installed and wanted to install 4981. I erased the 4983 bios from the launch menu and added the 4981. When I try to load the 4981 the xbox will just shut off and restart itself. Other times the screen will turn blue and the LED around the eject button will flash red and green. I have xenium os 2.0.2 installed on the C drive and when I tried to reload that, It came up with IDE Error 04 and then flashed red and green again around the eject button.

#2 ado07

ado07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:18 AM

Now It tries to load the bios as soon as I turn it on and then just shuts off. I can't get to the xenium screen anymore. I tried to install the OS again and just IDE Error 04. There is something really wrong here. I can't seem to FTP with it either. I don't have another dash put in it yet but isn't there one stock so I could still FTP? I need some help, Thanks guys

#3 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:58 AM

Hrmmm...you might have bad ram...I know it's peculiar...But error 4 indicates that while booting it failed at checking the ram.

#4 cap269

cap269

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:52 AM

Turn off the XBOX, then press the Eject button. That should let you into the XeniumOS so you can remove/flash a different bios.

#5 ado07

ado07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:11 PM

I got it back to the xenium OS screen. I can't load any bios now though. I had the 4983 working and when I tried to switch to 4981 it won't boot either now. What would be a cause for bad ram? How to fix it? Thanks

#6 cap269

cap269

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:22 PM

Sounds to me like the images you are trying to flash are invalid or corrupt. Is the file size of your .bin file exactly 262,144 bytes? Are your sure it is good? Did you remove everything from the Launch Menu (except Retail) and flash the image? Did you re-set the default boot item after you flashed?

#7 ado07

ado07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:51 PM

They are the correct size. The 4983 did work yesterday but it won't today and I never changed that cd, I don't know how it could be corrupt? I did use the 4981.67 bios and I have 4981.06. Would using the other one make a difference? What do you mean by retail? Where do I set it to default? (I'm new at this). Thanks

#8 cap269

cap269

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:30 AM

At the bottom of the Launch Menu is an option to set the default bios. If you had previously set a bios as default, flash a new one, then delete the default one, it is likely that your chip is attempting to boot an empty bios slot and causing the frag. Go to the Launch Menu and re-set the default boot bios.

#9 ado07

ado07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 03:04 AM

I have the bios running now. I can't get the avalaunch to boot. When I made the ISO it says its a little over 6 MB but when you try to open it it says there is nothing there. I tried booting it as an iso when I launch the bios and it doesn't load. Then I tried it just regular (not ISO) and I can't get it to even read the cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users