triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:57 PM

Don't forget to tell ppl not to stand in water while they follow this tut as well DaddyJ.. Kizmo seems to be a perfect example of why you just can't neglect these warnings..smile.gif
BTW Kizmo, I secretly laugh at ppl who are too stupid to backup their eeprom info off of their xbox hdd.. Seriously it wouldn't surprise me if there were 50000 posts on this board outlining that.. As good as this tut is, anyone who jumps right into it without reading anything else desrves what happens to them.. Myself and many other members though are willing to bail ppl out buying newbed up xboxes.. IIRC correctly krayzie was offering a working game of choice for any xbox pumping out error 13-21.. Offer probably still stands..smile.gif

#17 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(kizm0 @ Jan 3 2005, 09:08 PM)
your tutorial probably broke peoples computers and xboxs or no1 attempted it , because if you were to copy the exploit onto the C folder on the disk and do a recompile option of the C: drive , then your whole C: drive wold be erased and the only thing that would be copied is the fonts folder rofl...and the exploit
you didint say that you should backup , another problem with this sucky tutorial ...

View Post

This stupid idiot thinks he knows everything when in fact he knows nothing. Has anyone read his tutorials that he wrote? rotfl.gif

Anyways, good job DaddyJ.

#18 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

This stupid idiot thinks he knows everything when in fact he knows nothing. Has anyone read his tutorials that he wrote?
Its not that he doesn't know anything.. I mean he has a definately knows how to find obsolete software.. jester.gif

#19 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:11 PM

Its just really sad, that the boards get flooded with obsolete tutorials like that, and then we end up having to help all the poor souls that follow them.

#20 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

I'm adding this, just because it wasnt stated in my previous tutorials.

How to backup your C before you install the exploit

This will be done using XBROWSER, so go ahead and fire it up by typing
xbrowser
at the prompt.

From there, hit TAB to access the xbox hard drive, and hit the DOWN ARROW to highlight /E, then hit enter.

Hit F7 to create a new DIR on E , name it ORIG_BACKUP. Then hit TAB to return to the CD side of xbrowser.

Now highlight the /.. and hit ENTER. Hit the DOWN ARROW until the /PriMas is highlighted then hit ENTER.

Highlight the /C and hit F5, this will bring up the copy dialog, just hit enter to begin the transfer. This will backup the complete XBOX C into the folder E:\ORIG_BACKUP\C.

Any other questions or concerns, post it.

#21 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:59 PM

and yet some peeps think xboxhdm is too hard or too much of a pain to use (because of having to spend 10 seconds to reboot it now and then....).

good work daddyj!

Edited by BlackWar, 04 January 2005 - 08:00 PM.

#22 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:20 PM

DaddyJ, I would like to add something to your tutorial that may be usefull..

I have found out that if you time the xbox bootup (around 8 sec like DaddyJ mentioned), you will find out that it will boot up almost exactly same amount of time each and every time. By knowing this, if you time it to pull the IDE cable JUST BEFORE the MS text appears, the HD will be unlocked.

The reason for this is because if for some reason you fubar the mod and get errors, it is extreamly difficult to hotswap the drive, because as soon as the MS logo appears, it will lock the HD right away and go to the XSOD (xbox screen of death, lol). by knowing the timing, you can pull the IDE cable JUST BEFORE the logo appears and the drive is unlocked.

So, it is safe to assume that the xbox HD is fully unlocked between the points of the "X fully opened up" and the MS logo, but it is easier and safer to pull the IDE a second BEFORE the MS logo appears.

also, before you boot the xbox, start the PC and right before it goes through the IDE detection, press the "pause/Break" key (usually above the Page Up key). then start the xbox, then hotswap, then hit either spacebar or enter to get your PC to resume. (this is where hooking up a spare power connecter from the PC to the xbox HD comes in handy.)

I hope this helps those tring to hotswap a fubared softmod. It took me a short while to find this out.

#23 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

Thanks, this has been taken care of....

Edited by DaddyJ, 25 January 2005 - 11:50 PM.

#24 everardo

everardo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

DaddyJ, I owe you two high fives and a giant beer (or vice versa if you'd like.) This tutorial saved my xbox, along with the great folks who made Xboxhdm. Thanks!

#25 L-Pimp

L-Pimp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:55 PM

great tutorial.
i'm almost ready to begin
but one question. what if your formated your orginal stock drive.
how can u get my epprom ? and the stock is what i wnat in the xbox

#26 mcnutty

mcnutty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

Great Tutorial

Thanks and Thanks again ......

#27 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

Glad to help.

#28 Vivaatloni

Vivaatloni

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

Hi there DaddyJ,

Thx 4 the guide.

By copying the uxe exploit to c:\ and following your tutorial what changes ond my xbox? Is a bios installed, cause I can't see a bios anywhere in the folder. And wenn yes, what bios is installed.

Thx 4 the anwsers

#29 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

Depends, if its UXE compete, then it is set to use NKPatcher which doesnt need a bios.

#30 Vivaatloni

Vivaatloni

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:51 PM

OK, I read youre manual in this topic.
I have a new xbox and want it to be modded without a modchip. Wenn I follow youre tutorial, what can I do?

Can I install for instance XBMC as dash, or in evox, can I flash the tsop with the bios update tool?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users