xboxhdm will inform you if the hdd is locked with a message "Your Xbox drive is locked" so I don't think it's an issue with unlocking since you didn't get that message.
So some obvious things first:
1. Is there power to your hdd? From PC or xbox?
2. It is also possible during hotswapping you have somehow damaged the hdd. If you reconnect back the hdd to the xbox and power up, is it working still? Can you go to ms dash?
3. You could also type dmesg | grep hda at xboxhdm prompt to see if xboxhdm can see your hdd.
1. Yes there is power from the xbox I do not unplug the power cable from the xbox hdd just the ide cable to switch out.
2. Hdd is not damaged because I can still go into the ms dash and play music and go into my saves.
3. I will try that to see if it will work but at this moment I am unsure. But what woulD I do if it does not see my hdd?