#31 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:17 PM

with a softmodded box you can do anything a box with a chip can do except change the boot screen and boot up from an unlocked hard drive.....so that's a yes on the xbmc and evox...you can't flash the bios though, softmods only affect things in memory

#32 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:34 AM

Updated main post with a few more tips.

#33 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

Updated main post , with some more useful information.

#34 The Quest

The Quest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

[quote=DaddyJ,Dec 31 2004, 06:55 AM]
Hotswapping FAQ's

Re-create the CD

Now you can re-create the XboxHDM with the C folder & EEPROM. This will become your restore cd, or you can use it to upgrade your hd.

Could you give me more detail step here. thanks

#35 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:50 PM

When working with anyones xbox, i use cdrw disks, then the first burn I just burn the exploit, then after I successfully get thier eeprom.bin.
I update the eeprom folder with the eeprom.bin and recreate the iso, and finalize the burn onto a cdr disk.

Edited by DaddyJ, 27 January 2005 - 08:51 PM.

#36 The Quest

The Quest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

I had 2 eeprom.bin
one in Backup\backup folder with: bios.bin, disk.bin, eeprom.bin, hddinfo.tex, hddkey.bin.
another in backup_linux folder with: C.md5sum, C.tar.gz, eeprom.bin, hdd_info.tex, xbox_info.tex.

these two eeprom.bin have 1KB each, I don't know if the file writing are the same. which eeprom.bin should I update to the eeprom folder? it it the only eeprom.bin that I put in there?

#37 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

They both should be the same, but to be safe, load up evox as a application, and run the backup function in settings, this will back a BACKUP folder in the same directory as the evox.xbe file, and inside of there will be an eeprom.bin, use this one, as it is for sure the correct one.

#38 The Quest

The Quest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:08 PM

That what I did, in Backup\backup folder. I will try this one, Thank you verymuch for confirming and quick answers.

#39 lucho

lucho

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:14 AM

Tried your info DaddyJ on hotswapping just as a test. I made an XBHDM Recovery CD with no eeprom and put stock files on C, the on E put exploits, roms, apps, etc. even put a folder called PC Apps so I can ftp up to a pc after exploit. Tried your tutorial, worked first time. Ran exploit, bam, shadowC, and all apps were there when done.

Thanks

Lucho

#40 turnkeyfriend

turnkeyfriend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 03:20 AM

Hey there. I've been reading all sorts of tutorials for the past few weeks. Printed out a bunch as well. I only have a couple question remaining...

I plan on following this tutorial to a T. Was gonna change booting locations, but since this is my first xbox mod, I figured I'd play it safe and use the UXE complete package stock. This concerns the swapping time. I've read a couple tutorials that said you can swap while the xbox is sitting at the M$ dash, and the comp is sitting at the first xboxhdm menu. Is this true? And does the swap itself need to be done quickly? Perhaps some sort of signal need to remain mostly unbroken?

Thanks for any help!

Turnkeyfriend
cool.gif

#41 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:20 AM

The hard drive should be unlocked at the m$ dash, but the actual swap should be done fairly quick, I havent ever tested leaving the IDE ribbon off the HD in an unlocked state.

#42 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:37 AM

hey guys, my xboxHDM didnt come with a C, E or Eeprom folders within the linux folder. can i just create those two folders or was it suppose to come with C and E folders that had some necessary files in there?

#43 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:44 AM

Redownload it from here

This version has the correct folders.

#44 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:01 AM

Updated Main Post with some more useful info, and links to other good hotswapping tutorials.

#45 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:03 AM

and when everyone post hear with damaged hardware you can point all blame to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users