DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:42 PM

try using the error 12 method as in my tutorial above.

#62 SnaveZ

SnaveZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Xecuter 3 Windows Longhorn XP 2000
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:16 PM

I still can't get this...I tried it like 10 times...

what happens is that when the X appears on the screen...it immediately goes to Error 12...

my computer that I'm using for the modding...has the PC hard drive on master...and cd on slave...on the primary IDE...

After the X shows on the screen...I try as fast as I can...to connect the IDE from the Xbox...or the computer...but there is like a split second...between the X and Error 12...

I have to have the CD drive...and Hard drive connected to the computer in order for the computer to boot from the CD...otherwise the computer beeps the error for not finding the hard drive...

am I doing this right?

the tutorial is confusing :s

SnaveZ sad.gif

#63 FunkMasterY2K

FunkMasterY2K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Instead of editing the config file, why not just hit the "1" key and then it bypasses the defualt time and will sit forever at the main screen?

thats what i do, wait for the screen to come up, put a 1 in myself then turn on xbox and swap harddrive.

Just a tip for new hard drive swapping people, I find it works best if you leave the DVD plugged in and use a power source from you comp, almost always works in 1 try. Also pull the xbox IDE cable from the HDD right after the sound is done playing when the BIG X comes up. If you can have the white MS word at the bottom when you pull the IDE you will have success..... well I have success that way.

#64 SnaveZ

SnaveZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Xecuter 3 Windows Longhorn XP 2000
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:36 AM

I can now see the drive...but it won't unlock...

what do I do now to get the drive unlocked?

when I try to run unlockhd -a...it can't find the eerpom.bin...what util do I use to extract me eeprom.bin from my xbox...and save it on lets say...mmm...a floppy?

SnaveZ sad.gif

#65 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:55 AM

You are still incorrectly hotswapping. The whole point of hotswapping is to install the exploit to obtain the eeprom.
I've wrote this tutorial to be as easy as it can be.

#66 S7A7S

S7A7S

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:06 AM

If I use buy an unlocked Hard Drive off E-bay, will I be able to do this hotswap, and have it relock automatically when I finish?

#67 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(S7A7S @ Feb 20 2005, 06:12 PM)
If I use buy an unlocked Hard Drive off E-bay, will I be able to do this hotswap, and have it relock automatically when I finish?

View Post

NO
A retail kernal cannot boot an unlocked HD. You will need a chip to boot the unlocked hd, then lock it using your eeprom. then remove the chip.

#68 S7A7S

S7A7S

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:45 AM

Alright, I'll just try using my hard-drive instead of buying another. Thanks.
Edit*: If it's not much trouble, could you look at my reply in "Something Disappeared?" It'll be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by S7A7S, 21 February 2005 - 12:46 AM.

#69 scubadiverx3

scubadiverx3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:19 PM

this is a fantastic tutorial for hotswap, i was reading for days but no tutorial make me feel confortable as yours, so i tried and now my xbox is back to normal thanks to you and a also thaks to a friendly guy IAmCanadian how pointed me to this tutorial...

thanks you all

#70 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

Its not just a tutorial, its an extremely coherent tutorial.. smile.gif

#71 Strummer12

Strummer12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

I am a complete and utter n00b when it comes to soft modding, but I have to say these tutorials helped me greatly! I hotswapped my xbox and it worked on the first time so shortly after, I got my exploits on and my box was modded! That just rocks! Thanks to all you tutorial makers!

#72 mananimalterl

mananimalterl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

Thanks DaddyJ for the great tutorial on hotswapping. Between this and ldots tutorial on Xboxhdm, I restored my Xbox that I was sure was gone forever. Thanks!

#73 S7A7S

S7A7S

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:48 PM

I've been recently TRYING to hotswap, but I could never get the timing right. I tried taking out the DVD IDE cable but the light never went to the flashing green/red, it just stayed at a steady green sometimes, and every once in a while I'd get the flashing and I'd swap, and I even tried running a game and swapping while the game was going. But I always get the error where it says no drive was found. Does anybody have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? I've read three tutorials already, and followed them specifically, but I always get the same results.

#74 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:19 PM

Are you loosening the cable before powering on the xbox? I find wiggling it alot during removal reduces the chances it will stay unlocked.. The drive is unlocked when games are loaded.. Are you sure you are attaching it to your pc properly?

#75 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

you should be removing the dvd ide ribbon before you power the xbox up also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users