Photo

Someone Smart Figure This Out!?!?!?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deezdrama

deezdrama

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

Ok heres the deal I have a 1.4 xbox ,xenium ice chip,120 gb western digital hdd, running evox dash,and x2 bios. (the dash and bios was the latest in september I have not checked for newer bios or dash)
I also have an EL neon wire case mod. Heres the problem Ive always had quite a bit of games on my harddrive 20-30. Everything on this xbox worked flawlessly untill a couple months ago. Half of my games always freeze up. A handful run descent. And a handful of them freeze right at the dash when trying to launch. The first game that started giving me problems was riddick. Now wont play at all. But now other games that have always ran fine dont work. And I dont know if it has anything to do with it but liesure suit larry was the last game I copied to hardrive before all the problems. So I deleted it but the problems are still there. Ive turned IGR off, Ive cleared out the cache folder and x,y,z folders. I do know on most games that wont run I can hear the hard drive working. And on the games that work I dont hear the hard drive. Could I have bad segments on my harddrive? I dont have the space on my pc to backup games ,or I would try to erase and reformat my xbox harddrive. I dont think its a heat problem because the games that dont work ,dont work when the xbox is cold. Could it be the EL neon wire draining power? Should I install latest bios or dash? Install a fan? What else could it be?

#2 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:08 PM

you shouldnt need to back up your games on your pc if you still have the originals. if you don't own the games, that would be piracy my young grasshopper.

#3 project722

project722

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

have you tried clearing out the cache on e?

#4 deezdrama

deezdrama

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:46 PM

yes tried it

#5 project722

project722

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:24 AM

try your case mod with an external power supply if possible, just to rule out a power problem. get another dash and try. and download the latest version of WD's data lifeguard tools to check the hard drive. dont forget you may have to unlock the hd prior to the diagnostic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users