Cant Find Answer To This.. Hope One Of You Can

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 browng

browng

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Computers/ Internet Security/ Ball..
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

hey all well I just recently purchased my xbox from the xmas bundle which I think is the 1.6.. and I was planning on getting it hardware modded via modchip, but I heard on this site of something called softmodding.. so I want to give that a try but im not 1oo% sure on my versino number rahter it be 1.6 or 1.6b.. and Im not into havin 'NIX on my xbox cause I already have slack on my pc.. so I was wondering if I could copy an iso to my xbox harddrive without having it modded.. if so would I need a dvd writer?
thanks
-Brown

#2 browng

browng

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:40 PM

..anyone?

#3 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

Your Xbox needs to be modded in some way (modchip, softmod, TSOP flash, etc.) in order to be able to copy games to the HD. You also can't copy an ISO to the HD (well, you can - but you won't be able to play it). You need to either burn the ISO to a CD/DVD, or extract it and copy the files to the HD.

#4 browng

browng

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

I tried to softmod but I wasnt sure on what version my box was.. The MFG is 2004-08-04.. and I got it when the xmas bundle was out.. but when I tried to find a place on the net to find it.. they couldnt detect it.. any idea what version it is?

#5 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

Follow the steps here. That should help you figure it out.

#6 samoyeds_4life

samoyeds_4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

I'd suggest steering clear of the softmod idea. Modding your XBox isn't the time to go cheap. A $20 chip will give you all the functionality you'd ever want from a modded XBox. Check out the AppleX Vs. Super stable. Working BIOS already on the chip that supports IGR and 137+ GB drives. I haven't had a single problem with a single game.

Check around in the forum. Look who's having the most problems... ahh, yes. The softmodders.

Check the Halo 2 forum. Who can't get that to work... ahh, yes. The softmodders.

#7 McFixit

McFixit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(samoyeds_4life @ Jan 1 2005, 03:55 PM)
I'd suggest steering clear of the softmod idea.  Modding your XBox isn't the time to go cheap.  A $20 chip will give you all the functionality you'd ever want from a modded XBox.  Check out the AppleX Vs.  Super stable.  Working BIOS already on the chip that supports IGR and 137+ GB drives.  I haven't had a single problem with a single game.

Check around in the forum.  Look who's having the most problems... ahh, yes.  The softmodders. 

Check the Halo 2 forum.  Who can't get that to work... ahh, yes.  The softmodders.

View Post

If you know what you're doing softmodding is just as effective as a chip except i dont have to pay anything. I have halo 2, and new hard drive without any problem and all my games work fine
Who complains the most about stupid stuff...ahh, yes. The mod chippers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users