• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 polowy

polowy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

Ok so i have a xbox 1.5 with a chameleon modchip (adaptor used)
im using an older x2 bios i belive it is 4922 (not 100%) i wanted to put 4983 on it but im unable to.... When trying with evox i get an unknown flash error (i thik i have the correct flash = ), when switching to bank 1 i get the cromwell clean screen but the drive ejects never says insert cd and there is no blue flashing from the xbox side. tried to put in a cd with a dummy file and LINUXBIO.BIN and it does nothing, i tried all banks except for the one i have working bios on.... can anyone help me out tell me why im unable to do flash the bios or if there is another way without getting a programmer.....

#2 Exzir

Exzir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:47 PM

First we will need to know the version of the evox your useing and secound double check all of these flash = in your evox.ini.

Flash = 0x01d5,"AMD - Am29F080B",0x100000
Flash = 0x04d5,"FUJITSU - MBM29F080A",0x100000
Flash = 0xadd5,"Hynix - HY29F080",0x100000
Flash = 0x20f1,"ST - M29F080A",0x100000
Flash = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
Flash = 0x015b,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
Flash = 0x01da,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000

Since you have a very old bios it also tells me you do not have the correct flash = ether.

Plus if you ever want to turn off your chameleon you will need to upgrade your evox also. I would think I am not 100% sure but the age of everything your useing. I am very shocked that you are able to get a screen with 4922 nrmaly a 1.5 will FRAG with 4922 I was under the impression but since I have not tried that old of a bios on a 1.5 I really would not know.

#3 DJ Hoyt

DJ Hoyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:19 AM

I'm having the same problem... I keep getting "Unknown Flash Type!!" when I try to flash my Chameleon. Here are my stats:
Chameleon Mod w/adapter (not sure the version)
EvolutionX Build 3935
I'm not sure the old flash I used to have, I think it was 4983.06.

I want to flash my xbox because newer games aren't playing off the hard drive, so I assume after reading the FAQs, it's because of my old X2 Bios (stupid EA Sports games... Stranger's Wrath freezes at the first loading screen). I found an old topic about this that was archived and I tried putting in the codes in the flash bank codes in the ini and still no luck... same unknown flash type error. I'm not sure what the reply to this topic meant, so explain it to me because that might fix my problem. Thanks!

#4 zends

zends

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:39 AM

yeah me too. i have an alladin live on a 1.6 xbox with exox m8 without lba48

#5 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

@ Zends :

You may want post your problem here : Alternative ModChips & CheapMods, as you are in the Matrix/Chameleon forum and although I do not know for certain since I have not used or installed an Aladdin Live chip, I doubt the Chamelon is flashed the exact same way through Evolution X as the Aladdin chip (if possible) is.

@ DJ Hoyt :

Just in case after all of this time you are still waiting for an answer, try reading (if you have not done so yet) the Chameleon 1.3 User's Manual available here : User's Manual. I believe it has all the information you need to add to your evox.ini to enable you to flash the chip via Evolution X.

#6 Apota

Apota

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

Well, I have a Chameleon Modchip and I have it confirgured for Mode 2. I'm using Evox v.3935 and I'm currently using X2.5032 which I flashed it with about a month ago. Before I flashed it with the 512K bios I reconfigured the chip from Mode 1 to Mode 2. I was using 256k bios before. I'm currently trying to re-flash it with X2.5035 but I keep getting an error message that says, "!! Unknown Flash Type !!". Can anyone please help me with this problem. Thank you for your help and time.

QUOTE(MonsterTy @ Jun 10 2005, 08:27 PM)
@ Zends :

You may want post your problem here : Alternative ModChips & CheapMods, as you are in the Matrix/Chameleon forum and although I do not know for certain since I have not used or installed an Aladdin Live chip, I doubt the Chamelon is flashed the exact same way through Evolution X as the Aladdin chip (if possible) is.

@ DJ Hoyt :

Just in case after all of this time you are still waiting for an answer, try reading (if you have not done so yet) the Chameleon 1.3 User's Manual available here : User's Manual.  I believe it has all the information you need to add to your evox.ini to enable you to flash the chip via Evolution X.

View Post

#7 Tooncis

Tooncis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(polowy @ Dec 31 2004, 10:51 PM) View Post

Ok so i have a xbox 1.5 with a chameleon modchip (adaptor used)
im using an older x2 bios i belive it is 4922 (not 100%) i wanted to put 4983 on it but im unable to.... When trying with evox i get an unknown flash error (i thik i have the correct flash = ), when switching to bank 1 i get the cromwell clean screen but the drive ejects never says insert cd and there is no blue flashing from the xbox side. tried to put in a cd with a dummy file and LINUXBIO.BIN and it does nothing, i tried all banks except for the one i have working bios on.... can anyone help me out tell me why im unable to do flash the bios or if there is another way without getting a programmer.....

add this to your evox.ini file...

Flash = 0x015b,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
Flash = 0x01da,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000

...and make sure you are using a full evox and not Slayers

Edited by Tooncis, 03 February 2008 - 08:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users