#1 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

I have come up with an almost ingenious idea but there is one catch that i havne't been able to get around yet so i need your help and if someone is able to finish this please give me a little credit!!!!!

I came up with the idea of either using a very old gameboy you know the big grey fugly handheld or an old sega gamegear. Then you would replace the screen with the hippad screen then mold a conroller case and the gameboy/gamegear together. Now you might be wondering about what you would use to store the games this would be acheived by first hooking up a laptop harddrive (about the size of 5 credit cards stacked) in an already modded xbox and backing up some games onto the HDD then sticking it into the gameboy/gamegear. However, the catch is the MoBo. Is there any way to possibly make a smaller MoBo? Otherwise this pipedream won't get off the ground so any input would be great. I would love to see this project get designed and built.

#2 tw0_f0ur_

tw0_f0ur_

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:06 AM

i highly DOUBT this will ever happen unless M$ makes a handheld one. M$ prolly wont waist there money on one eather. And sry to bring u down again i dont thinkg anyone can make a smaller mobo

#3 hirme

hirme

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:dehhh xbox modding:D

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:08 AM

I dont think you can make the mobo smaller..and you will still to do something with the power supply...

you could put your xbox in a school bag and run only a wire to your controller.

#4 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:09 AM

Power can be acheived with a Lithium Ion battery but it would be expensive

#5 danlk2

danlk2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:10 AM

there is no way to stick an xbox mobo in anything even close to that size, imposssible.

#6 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:MODS!

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:21 AM

The backpack idea would be the best\only way to do it...lol

#7 tw0_f0ur_

tw0_f0ur_

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

thats a sweet idea. would have to be battery powered. I might try that since im allowed to have my backpack on in school through all my class's, haha in study hall playing halo2, how much are one of thoes Lithium Ion battery's cost me and can they be charged

#8 AWD Bus

AWD Bus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:59 AM

Actually not to bust any of you guys bubble, but I rember a guy on Tech TV (now G4TV) put a reall Atari into a hand held. He had a website and everything. He cut the board into 3 different peices and ran wires where they needed to be connected. He did say he trashed a few MoBo's in the process tho. But hey it was a cheap test. He even went as far as to make his own cases for them.

With a little search I found the guy, hes been busy, how about a portable PS2
user posted image
Or the atari
user posted image

Here is his offical website, he has built quite a few of them using different systemswww.benheck.com

So you see there, dont let somebody say you cant do something. If you think it can be done then try it. I somebody told the guy who wanted to build the first modchip was told it would not work. Well we all know the answer to that story.

#9 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:04 AM

Ben Heck is an F'ing genious. I have seen not a one person to come even close to his skills.

Good luck, I would like to see this done.

Keep in mind, he did that portable ps2 with a ps2two.

#10 dbdlowrider

dbdlowrider

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

two_four_

lithium ion batt. can be charged lithium cant be charged and a 3.7v 300mah AA batt. coast 15-20$ and are very hard 2 find but light weight i know a place 2 order them i will have 2 look for it tho u might try a camcorder batt. thats wut that guy used on the atari or w/e

#11 hb2k

hb2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(jimjom @ Dec 31 2004, 05:35 PM)
Ben Heck is an F'ing genious. I have seen not a one person to come even close to his skills.

Good luck, I would like to see this done.

Keep in mind, he did that portable ps2 with a ps2two.

View Post

actually he did make one with a normal ps2 then he made a smaller one with a ps2.

#12 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 03:08 AM

well if there is a way to get ahold of this guy then get ahold of him and have him do it and leave a tut if possible.

#13 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach

Posted 01 January 2005 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE(mimesis @ Jan 1 2005, 03:39 AM)
well if there is a way to get ahold of this guy then get ahold of him and have him do it and leave a tut if possible.

View Post

i doubt u could get help from him. im sure if hes the only one who can do it he doesnt want to share his secret.

#14 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:01 AM

Nice idea actually, but yup, it would be a great idea, if the motherboard would fit.

#15 Droid

Droid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

I checked out his website, this dude is freaking ridiculous. He can make a portable out of anything so he would definitely be the guy to do an xbox.

QUOTE(AWD Bus @ Dec 31 2004, 07:30 PM)
Actually not to bust any of you guys bubble, but I rember a guy on Tech TV (now G4TV) put a reall Atari into a hand held. He had a website and everything. He cut the board into 3 different peices and ran wires where they needed to be connected. He did say he trashed a few MoBo's in the process tho. But hey it was a cheap test. He even went as far as to make his own cases for them.

With a little search I found the guy, hes been busy, how about a portable PS2
user posted image
Or the atari
user posted image

Here is his offical website, he has built quite a few of them using different systemswww.benheck.com

So you see there, dont let somebody say you cant do something. If you think it can be done then try it. I somebody told the guy who wanted to build the first modchip was told it would not work. Well we all know the answer to that story.

View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users