• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 safrax

safrax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:19 AM

I just finished installing my X3 which alot of fun aside from burning my finger pretty good and the frag from forgetting to solder a certain point. My X3 is installed properly as far as I can tell but when I turn it on using the quick press for the modchip it blinks green a few times and then goes orange. A quick search on the forums has revealed that this means I'm using flashbios 3.01 or lower and that I need to somehow get flashbios 3.03 on the chip. How in the world do I do this?

Also the chip came from system-mods.com and they claim that the X3 was preflashed to 3.03.

#2 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Interests:(Check my website)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

is the video and audio cables plugged into the back of the xbox?

#3 safrax

safrax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

Yes. The standard AV cables are plugged into the box.

#4 safrax

safrax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:47 AM

Any ideas? I should also note that it is not flashing green, when I turn the xbox on the eject light is green and after the cdrom spins up the thing goes orange a few seconds later and stays orange.

I'm trying to hot-swap the HD so I can use a soft mod to flash the modchip which is what I think the issue is but I'm apparently not quick enough to switch HD cables around so I'm getting nowhere. Or my nforce2 ata might not be hotswap capable. Either way I'm starting to get annoyed that my xbox isn't capable of playing SNES games yet.

Update on my burned finger: It really REALLY hurts and theres a nice big blister where I burned it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users