5 replies to this topic

#1 jon_c

jon_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:41 AM

i have a WD 120GB HDD that is unlockable. I ordered a modchip so that i could boot up w/ the unlockable HDD hooked up, but i got tired of waiting for it to come so i just flashed my tsop. when ever i try to boot up with my 120GB drive in I either get error 6 or i think 16. what bios do i need to use with this drive in and how do i con figure it.

P.S. the new drive is formatted but with nothing on it

Edited by jon_c, 01 January 2005 - 09:42 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:45 AM

Error 6 is when you have the MS Dash on the drive, but the HD isn't locked and the chip is off (not really aplicable in your case).

Error 16 is when you have a fucked MS Dash, or (in your case) you plain don't HAVE an MS Dash. You can copy over your old one from your retail drive, use Slayers menu option 4a10 to install it for you, but more than that, have you fully formatted the HDD properly yet?

#3 jon_c

jon_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:49 AM

yes i formatted it correctly. but as with my other question what bios do i need to boot with this drive unlocked and in???

oh, btw, thanks

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

Any bios that will work on your version of xbox. The bios isn't the issue here. If you're trying to boot from the HD, and said HD is blank.... well, see what I mean?

Install the MS Dash like I said to get rid of error 16 (lack of dash). Since you flashed your TSOP, you're not going on Live and can't turn OFF the mod (unless you installed a switch unsure.gif), so you'll never need to lock the HDD, as it's only required for booting the MS Dash with a mod disabled or to go on Live.

I recommend x2.4981.06 bios, as you clearly don't have a 1.6 xbox and thus don't have to use the Evox M8 bios. x2.4983 is the latest, but it can't be edited (to remove the flubber animation, change the logo colors, etc), so I prefer xs.4981.

Again, it ain't the bios. It's the fact that your HDD contains no dash (MS or otherwise).

Either get Slayers, or make yourself an Evox bootdisc and get a dash on that drive. smile.gif

#5 jon_c

jon_c

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:06 AM

ooooooooooooooohhhh, I get it now. Thank you very much i already downloaded 25% of slayer 2.6.

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:24 AM

Cool. smile.gif

Glad to be of help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic