3 replies to this topic

#1 burnerO

burnerO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

Hopefully this is the appropriate section for this...

Please add a rom autoload feature so that the emulator would automatically boot into a specified rom in the xml without displaying any form of GUI.

Ex: Select "Super Mario World" from a dashboard, which launches the XBE and loads the rom. I don't mean actual command line support as THC can't support that, but that I'd be able to have multiple instances of the emulator on my drive for this purpose.

This would be a great feature since no one really took up proper command line support, and would also silence any qualms I have about the skin's design.

Also, please address the garbled NES sound.

Sorry to come off like a begger. I really am interested in the work being done toward a unified emulator interface.

Thanks kindly.

#2 TMaul

TMaul

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(burnerO @ Jan 1 2005, 09:23 PM)
Hopefully this is the appropriate section for this...

Please add a rom autoload feature so that the emulator would automatically boot into a specified rom in the xml without displaying any form of GUI.

Ex: Select "Super Mario World" from a dashboard, which launches the XBE and loads the  rom. I don't mean actual command line support as THC can't support that, but that I'd be able to have multiple instances of the emulator on my drive for this purpose.

This would be a great feature since no one really took up proper command line support, and would also silence any qualms I have about the skin's design.

Also, please address the garbled NES sound.

Sorry to come off like a begger. I really am interested in the work being done toward a unified emulator interface.

Thanks kindly.

View Post

Command line support will be in the next version. As might force loading a rom via xml.

The sound is farked for all the emulators atm. I have been to busy with nexgen to address any of the emulator related problems but I will get around to it eventually.

#3 world in an oyster

world in an oyster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(TMaul @ Jan 2 2005, 01:53 PM)
Command line support will be in the next version. As might force loading a rom via xml.

The sound is farked for all the emulators atm. I have been to busy with nexgen to address any of the emulator related problems but I will get around to it eventually.

View Post

Is there any chance you might add a GBA emulator??? wink.gif

I love the idea of a "unified emulator interface" as burner called it...and forced rom loading sounds great, although this means you'd have to edit the xml everytime you want to change rom.
If you are going to add this feature, how about map L+R+White or something so that you can return to the main emu menu from the rom your playing....and the ability to hold down start on load of the app so that it overrides the xml and boots to menu anyway?
this would make it much more user friendly smile.gif hope you have some idea of what Im getting at!

#4 TMaul

TMaul

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, I see what you are saying. The right joystick "click-to-exit" system will still work with commandline / xml loaded roms, anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to program in an override button either.

This morning I readded gnuboy, neopop and vba. Not sure if vba will stay in there tho I still can't get it running a decent speed on the xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users