1 reply to this topic

#1 FiReCrAcKeR

FiReCrAcKeR

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:32 PM

Hi i am having a problem with my computer, its freezing especially while playing games but it also does it while just surfing the net. What happens during games (medal of honour) my fps drops from low 90's to 10-15 or lower it will go down that low for about 2-4 seconds then jump right back up to the 90's. i hooked my computer up to a thing that tells how much watss its drawing and when this lag happens it goes from 80watts to 60 watts and jumps back up just like the fps after 2-4 secs. But sometimes it wont come back like when there a large draw of power from somewhere else in the house like the furnace starting etc when this happens everything is exactly the same exect when the fps comes back up the mouse or keyboard wont do anything but when playing games everything is still happening i can still hear sounds and can still see others walking around i just cant move. Also the light on my optical mouse goes out, the only way to get it working again is to press the reset button on the tower. Any idea what might be wrong and how to fix it. thanks in advance.

#2 enderandrew

enderandrew

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 04:57 AM

That's probably because something it taking up all the CPU priority for a minute.

Windows may be doing a pagefile. Make sure you don't have anything excess running in memory. If you have 512 megs of memory or more, you can tweak Windows to try and not pagefile dump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users