• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 avngFlamebo

avngFlamebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:21 PM

Hello, I just bought a spiderchip (I believe it's v1.0) figuring that I wouldn't be able to screw up my xbox with a solderless chip. Well, since my xbox is v1.0, it had solder in the LPC port, so I soldered out the holes so the chip could fit.
After removing the solder, I attempted to place the chip in. My main concern was that if I aligned it perfectly with the LPC holes, it would not be aligned with the hole for the screw. I think the main problem is it isn't aligned, and therefore wont sit right in the LPC ports, but I don't know how to go about fixing that. When I turn it on, it starts and dies twice before it starts and FRAGs, with no video or sound. Is there something I did wrong, or is the chip supposed to sit crooked a bit?

#2 aerofan897

aerofan897

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, modifying, mod chips
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:29 PM

Put a little pressure on the chip while booting to make sure all those LPC holes are making contact. I've put spiderchips on 1.0's before and they worked fine. In fact one I didn't even remove solder from the lpc holes, i just sealed it to the board wit JB weld.

But yes, it should work the way you have it, even if it isn't perfectly straight.

#3 avngFlamebo

avngFlamebo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

I have tried that, but it doesn't help. Also, without the chip, the xbox does the same thing, so I think I may have damaged something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users