25 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Deez

Mr Deez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:11 AM

OK, simply put, when i try to run mechassault 2 from my hdd with pxhdd1.3a, it just goes to a black screen and sits there, doing nothing...

interestingly enough, my logitech wireless controller loses the signal at this point as well

but the game runs fine fron the original disc....

Hopefully somebody has some ideas...

Edited by Mr Deez, 04 January 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#2 Mr Deez

Mr Deez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

come on guys, NO ONE has had any problems with this?!?!?!

#3 Whitl925

Whitl925

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

I have the same problem with MA2. I backed up a copy onto my HD, and when I tried to play it, the system...well lets just say its still loading. I then tried to play MA2 using Avalaunch which has worked with other games, but this didn't work either. Playing the game from startup with the disk installed worked fine. I don't know very much about modded XBOX but a little help for a noob will be greatley apprecieated. BTW, I use Executer 2 and Slayer_EvoX if it matters.

#4 strontium_red

strontium_red

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:35 PM

i got ma2 to copy to hd - no problems playing it either. used slayers evox autoinstaller to setup new hd is xbox

only game i am having problems with is shenmue 2 ,

my xbox
1.0, smartxx 2, used slayers evox installer 2.6 (use evox and avalaunch it installed), curently 40gb wd, thompson dvd

like i said i didnt have any problems with it, loaded good and played fine, tonight i am upgrading hd from 40gb to 120gb, i will copied ma2 to hdd again and see if it still works for me, atleast tonight or tomarrow - will post back

#5 Mr Deez

Mr Deez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:55 PM

het strontium, what program are you using to launch the game from?

#6 Whitl925

Whitl925

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:58 PM

Finally got it working...after a little bit of research. I went into system settings and changed "In Game Reset" to NO. There are 3 different places to change this setting which anyone can find by simply using the directional pad to scroll down. When all 3 In Game Resets are changed, save and exit. Thought this might help.

#7 Mega_mil

Mega_mil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:45 AM

I'm having the same problem.......if it works once the IGR is off.......then how are people getting this game to work with the trainer?

#8 strontium_red

strontium_red

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(Mr Deez @ Jan 4 2005, 06:26 PM)
het strontium, what program are you using to launch the game from?

View Post

well all i did was select play games from hdd and selected mechassault - i was in evox

i think i also did with avalaunch but not sure... will try it here shortly just got my 120gb installed and trying to get shenmue 2 working... it freezes my xbox when hdd loader v1.3a tries to refresh game list , the fps was around 59.9x and now stuck at 51.30

*sigh* i will let you know then on mechassault 2

#9 strontium_red

strontium_red

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:54 AM

ok, i am new to this 2 weeks messing aroudn w.modd chip etc.

i used slayers evox auto installer 2.6, loaded evox w/apps and avaluanch w/apps
can run avalaunch in evox

anyways... i did following to copy ma2 to hdd

system management, then manage hdd games w pxhddloader, copied the game down and selected it to play from there and it did successfully play there (at least first mission)

and the other way, from the main evox screen the 2nd item , play games loaded on hdd

i hope this helps you out... like i said i have no problems, only with shenmue 2
now when i had the 40gb installed kotor 1 did once go to black screen but then i shutoff xbox and tried it again and played fine... ???? dont know what to tell you.

#10 Mr Deez

Mr Deez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:04 AM

well, I'll try the igr method and see..

#11 Mega_mil

Mega_mil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

Actually I got this to work with IGR on.........If you notice when you look at the files....there should be default.xbe and then ma2.xbe. Delete the first default.xbe and then rename ma2.xbe to default.xbe and boom it should work as long as you didn't patch all of the xbe files in the root directory. I know I have to unpatch the ma2.xbe because I used Xiso to extract the iso and I set it on Auto-patch.

Hope this helps

(V)ega

#12 shadowbot2006

shadowbot2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:10 AM

i have turned off the igr and i replaced default.xbe with ma2.xbe after copying to my hd, but it still freezes at the "press start" screen, i have also tried clearing the cache and resetting the clock, but it still doesn't work, even from the cd, does anyone know what is wrong?

#13 shadowbot2006

shadowbot2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

oops, internet went slow, double-posted

Edited by shadowbot2006, 22 January 2005 - 12:14 AM.

#14 TucDemonic

TucDemonic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:50 AM

ok what i did to get this working was the same thing that i had to do for NFS: underground 2, and that was delete all cache files, everything under the E: CACHE, the X Y & Z drives and then it worked just fine for me.

#15 shadowbot2006

shadowbot2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:27 AM

thanks, when i tried before, i just emptied X Y and Z, but when i did E:CACHE as well it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users