• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Digital Bliss

Digital Bliss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

Well i have a few ideas of why this may have happened but i need help resolving it. I had updated xbmc and mxm now my g drive does not show up its been like this for a while. In mxm music plays which is weird because all of the music is located on the g drive. Using flashfxp it shows up but i can not open it. If anyone has any ideas into why this is happening please inform me.

#2 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:48 PM

did you change your bios by chance?
did you use the right bios when you did?

just some thoughts...

#3 Digital Bliss

Digital Bliss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:07 PM

Well i didnt mess with the bios but you never know thanks for the advice im not sure if i stated before but the only two things that i feel may have caused this is either my updating the mxm menu or xmbc before that everything worked fine. Even stranger i can see the songs in the xbox dash so i know they are there

#4 Xenobicus

Xenobicus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:00 PM

I'm not sure if this applies, but did you check your config files of XBMC and MXM? When you updated, they might have been overwritten. For XBMC, in the XboxMediaCenter.xml file theres a spot that says;
<useFDrive>yes</useFDrive>
<useGDrive>yes</useGDrive>

Make sure those are set to yes...

I'm not familiar with MXM, but from what I've read I think it's supposed to auto-detect your drives. - so it would seem that it might be something with the bios. You could always try going back to the old versions of XBMC and MXM you were using and see if you can see the G drive then, if so, update each one at a time and see if the G drive vanishes after one of the updates, then you'll know if it's something with one of the new versions of the software...
If your G drive is still missing after reverting back to the old versions, then you'll know it's not with the new versions and you can look elsewhere (ie .. bios) for the problem.

Hopefully not all of my input is elementary info for you, and helps a little.
Good luck with it smile.gif

#5 Digital Bliss

Digital Bliss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:09 AM

Thats what i thought as well it was disabled but to no avail nothing was different its not a big deal just bothersom to an extent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users