• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iceCube

iceCube

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

1st i wanna excuse for my BAD english ..... ;o) anyway ;o)))

i'm accessing UiX FTP Server with implemented TC FTP Client ..... and this is not a problem .... i'm coping FILES only without any problems .... but when i'm copyng folders and trying to move one level back ... ( CDUP ) then all freeZ .... but if i'm close connection and connecting again all is OK until next FOLDER copy ;o)))))

thats all.

and boyZ ... this is the best DASH ;o)))) keep up the good WORK ;o)
i'm count on you ......

#2 leviathan_0

leviathan_0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:45 PM

you should use a real ftp client like filezilla or flashfxp

#3 Twister22

Twister22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(leviathan_0 @ Jan 4 2005, 07:16 PM)
you should use a real ftp client like filezilla or flashfxp

View Post

Total Commander IS a real FTP client.. and it works with ALL other ftp serverīs I use.. byt with UIX I don't get root folder names like C,D,E,G, but the names is 500mb,0mb,128GB, it shows the free space as foldername in root..

#4 JbOnE

JbOnE

X-S Expert

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

i made the ftp server rfc959 compliant - which means it will handle all of the rfc commands. i made sure it worked fine with all versions of flashfxp, cuteftp and smartftp, however, more and more ftp clients are adding non rfc compliant commands (such as flashfxp's FEAT command and a ton of IE's extra garbage) which i really don't see a point in investing the time in adding when there are plenty of clients that it works fine with. the ftp protocol is older than most of the xbox user base and it's about time we have a better more up to date lan solution (which is being worked on). till then just use one of the clients that it's compatable with wink.gif

pEAcE
JbOnE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users