• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ben.oui

ben.oui

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:52 AM

I`m really new at this, so bare with me...

Just installed my first Duo X2 on a 1.6 box. Booting with the eject button works fine, loads original dash, but when I try the power button, the red led flashes normally, but the box starts then stops a couple times, then stays on, but no dashboard. Any idea?

Got the bank switch to 1 to work with v1.6, right? What if I try bank 0?

Also, the diagrams on duomodchip.com for 1.0 to 1.5 have all the pad letters shown on the box board, but not the 1.6. Pad A on 1.5 goes to ground, what about on 1.6? Just install the pin header as explained?

Full of questions, I know, but that`s what forums are all about, right? rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:06 AM

ok firstly resolder all the pin header points and then the bt wire on the eject switch ad make sure no wire or solder is hitting the metal around the eject button bt point , also look carefully at the motherboard especially around the lpc (pinheader) points for small balls of solder that may of formed by mistake when you were soldering , if you find some try to remove them with your finger , they normally will just pop off !

your d0 connection must be working fine since pressing eject will load the normal ms bios !

HackDaBox !

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:16 AM

just ignore the 1.5 diagrams they are different ... but you must do the lpc rebuild for the v1.6 , did you solder wires from the header pins to small pads on the motherboard ? if yes then you did it correctly !

HackDaBox !

#4 ben.oui

ben.oui

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

Yes, I checked all solder points around LPC, everything checks out. Also rebuilt the lpc port like they said. I figured that DO was fine, but there doesn`t seem to be anything wrong with the physical part of the mod. Must be software...???

Thanks

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:33 PM

Are we talking ordinary Duo X2 or the Cromwell flashed edition here? (Is the board white?)
When you say no dash loads, you mean you have a blank screen?
If so flick the bios switch a few times and yes it must be on bank 1 for a 1.6 box.

#6 ben.oui

ben.oui

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

It`s a regular blue Duo X2. Tried the switch a few times, still no go.

Update: Resolder everything. Yesterday it used to frag when I tried the power button, but today, doesn`t frag. Must have had a bad solder point.

Yes, all I get is a blank screen. Works fine when I boot with the eject.

#7 jhernandez

jhernandez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:50 PM

Ben.oui I feel your pain. I had the same happen to me. I know I soldered all the points correctly (i have done 20+ installs and ps2s too) but the xbox would frag but boot perfectly when I pressed the eject button. Thankfully I bought the chip in bulk so I quickly switched the chip. Booted up first time.
I looked over all the solder points and they looked ok. However I did notice that the switch looked like it was soldered on by hand and not by a machine as there was rosin all over the chip. And I also noticed that it seemed that the chip fragged more when the chip was switched to bank 1. Oh yeah and the the xbox was a 1.6. I hope that helps.

#8 bullshit

bullshit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:08 PM

same problem here
1.6 with duox2
on/off and frag
boots fine now after a modchip swap
duox2 seem to be very unreliable chips

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:21 PM

duox2 seem to be very unreliable chips

lets see how many installs are you basing that comment on.
I have used coming up for 200 Duo X2 not one faulty one at all yet so I would say that compares very favourably with other chips of the same price bracket.
Of the faulty ones reported also no body knows if the installation procedure damaged the chip (Same for any chip that) and yes I know everyones install is always perfect.
Fact is with electronic components some are going to be faulty, but don't base an opinion on the odd few chips and weigh that up against the costs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users