2 replies to this topic

#1 gwpreppy

gwpreppy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:12 AM

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster smile.gif I really hope I don't get flamed for this...blink.gif

Finally got my xBox v1.0 modded with a x3 chip with EvoX dash and 80gigHD, it definitely wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but i think i've finally hit a snag...

It took me about 6 hours to copy a game to my PC -> Turn into .ISO ->Send back to xBox...to only then find out that it hangs when I am choosing a certain track to race on...sad.gif

-Now my question is, should it be taking that long? I am networking through a router, using FlashFXP to get the files off the disc in the xBox, then using Quix to make my .ISO, then FTPing it back to the xbox HD.
-Am I taking too many steps?
-What could the game error be due to? Improper copying or improper process...
-Do you think the length may be due to my network speed (should be up to 10mb though)

Sorry for the long post also, I just figured I'd hit the important stuff all at once.

Thanks for the help everyone. Great forum here smile.gif

Oh also, I'm a Mac user too, but have a PC set up just for my xBox, so bear with me if I sound confused at times tongue.gif

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

if your just copying to the xbox HD use dvd2xbox to rip straight from the original disc to your HD

if you are making dvd-r backups use qwix or craxtion4 to FTP and it will make the ISO on the fly (while FTPing)

#3 gwpreppy

gwpreppy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 5 2005, 03:00 AM)
if your just copying to the xbox HD use dvd2xbox to rip straight from the original disc to your HD

if you are making dvd-r backups use qwix or craxtion4 to FTP and it will make the ISO on the fly (while FTPing)

View Post

Crud, I thought dvd2xbox was only used for dvd movie copying to the HD. Schweet. I will give it a try in the morning!

Thanks for the help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users