9 replies to this topic

#1 peppermg

peppermg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

I like the new audio player but I am having some trouble with the volume control.

Using the right joystick pushing up turns the volume up and so does pushing it to the right. Any other direction decreases the volume. Therefore pushing it up to the top right conner will decrease the volume. This can make it tricky to quickly change the volume. Pushing down to the bottom right conner also decreases the volume.

Edited by peppermg, 06 January 2005 - 02:39 AM.

#2 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:55 AM

okay, got what you mean. Will change that. You can also change the volume using the dpad up/down, but only when the volume is highlighted.

Btw, you can access the playlist by pressing the right thumbstick, I forgot to mention this.

#3 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:45 AM

Not so much a bug, as a suggestion. Implement m3u support, or some way of making a custom playlist. When starting music from the file manager, you can only choose one track. Perhaps when starting a track from a directory, it could just load every song from that folder into a playlist and start on the one you selected.

#4 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

Also perhaps make the Artist name scroll with the title in the music manager.

#5 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:30 PM

I like the audio player. I think it looks pretty nice. Could be a lot bigger though in my opinion. Also I have to have the sound on my tv super loud and when I stop the music and I goto other stuff the ambient noise that is always in the background is way too loud (but that was due to my tv volume being up so loud so I could hear the music). Perhaps make the volume default louder. Also the left thumbstick works just like the d-pad for the volume. You can go up and down but the sideways doesn't do anything on the left thumbstick. So I guess it doesn't have the problem the right one does but pressing left and right don't do anything. And if I go into the file manager and select a song it plays with the media player. But if I hit B and get out and then try to open the song again UX freezes and I have to reboot. Also how do you add to the playlist?

Xbox Version: 1.0
Softmodded using UDE1
Bios: EvoX M8 BFM
Hdd Make/Model/Size: 40gb Western Digital
UnleashX Xbe Location: F\Apps\UnleashX\default.xbe running as an app
Network Setup: DSL modem hooked into USR router which runs a cable to my room which hooks into a 4 port switch which connects my pc and xbox to the router/internet.
PC FTP Software: FlashFXP

EDIT: For the playlist you hit Start. smile.gif You might wanna put on the screen about the right thumbstick pressed is the playlist and start will let you add songs to the playlist. Sorta like you did with the Skins and Game Saves Manager.

Edited by jonathan2007, 06 January 2005 - 02:36 PM.

#6 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

Xbox - V1.0
Chip - Xenium ICE running XOS 2.2.1
Bios - X2 4983
WIP Path - E:\Apps\UnleashX\default.xbe
HDD - Seagate 160
DVD - Samsung (old)
Remote - Official M$ Dongle (port 4) and Remote

=========
Possible Bugs
=========
Ok I may be behind the bugs of this release but apparently to get into the Mplayer you must press the right thumbstick. When i press it it just pauses the music. I found that if I press the white button I can get into the Mplayer.

Also for some reason the Mplayer doesnt recognize the Audio CD that I have inserted. Ive tried serval cds but to no avail I will see if there is someway for me to get them recognized.

Another thing is that the dvd remote has no control of the music outside the Mplayer (works in Mplayer). The pause but has never acted properly, if i wanted to stop a song via the remote i would have to press stop but that restarts the song from the beggining if i play it again.

Other functions such as navigating thru menus and selecting items work but not the media control buttons. I also coud not find any way to acsess the Mplayer via the dvd remote.
========
Suggestions
========

Instead of having to press one button to acsess the Mplayer and one to exit why not have one button toggle the Mplayer

Maybe map the playlist to the "menu" button on the remote biggrin.gif

Hope this is some help beerchug.gif

Edited by kurisu, 06 January 2005 - 05:23 PM.

#7 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

Ok let see if i can explain what i found blink.gif

If you boot build 548 then immediately try to change tracks it will perform something similar to IGR. If you change albums directly after bootin this build it will act normally.
========================================================
Cant select .wma when using the Audio Player to open file but when u select a .wma from the File Explorer it will begin to play the song no problem.

When first booting Build 548 you can swithc sons like normal using the white button and dpad combo (quick song select). Because of the new audio player of course the GUI is brought up while using "quick song select" now.

You can hit the "b" button to exit the Audio Player and navigate thru menus like normal while listening to the song you picked. When the Audio player is up and you press "start" to "Open File" and select a .wav or .mp3 to play it will play as usual. If after that you try to selct another son and hit "b" to exit the GUI another song will be played at random.

If that was confusing let me know so I can try to explain it better laugh.gif

EDIT: Here are my Audio Settings in the Control Panel

Play Music: Both
Random Music: Yes
Global: Yes
Surround 5.1: Yes

Edited by kurisu, 07 January 2005 - 12:40 AM.

#8 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(kurisu @ Jan 6 2005, 08:07 PM)
Cant select .wma when using the Audio Player to open file but when u select a .wma from the File Explorer it will begin to play the song no problem.

View Post

James said that there were problems with the wma when he released this WIP build. He's gonna try and finish fixing that for the next public release.

Can anyone tell me what the Global setting accomplishes?

#9 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(Pillzburydoofus @ Jan 6 2005, 09:37 PM)
James said that there were problems with the wma when he released this WIP build.  He's gonna try and finish fixing that for the next public release.

I was just making sure that the problem I ran into was not caused by a single audio format so I tried all three and I just happened to point that out.

#10 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:21 AM

Another suggestion I have, when selecting a song from the file manager, make that song continue to play until the end when you back out of the audio manager, rather than cutting back to the background music.

Edit: Or maybe allow you to press White to close the music manager while leaving it playing. Sort of like a minimize button.

Edited by Pillzburydoofus, 07 January 2005 - 04:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users