6 replies to this topic

#1 Wamphyri

Wamphyri

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:06 PM

Hi wonder if anyone can help?

I have xbmc 1.1 runnin and have smb goin fine and media files streaming from my pc fine (ie mp3 and movies). here it comes BUT when i play the files it plays for a while and then jumps back to the file screen or sometimes it jumps back to file screen and sayz acess denied. its not the xbmc coz i copied the files to the xbox hdd and it played fine from there.

So anyone please help me so i can watch a full move without restartin it again.

many thanks!

#2 hansie2

hansie2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

Hi, I have exactly the same problem (see my post earlier this day). I do not know what is going on.

Any help appreciated....

Hans

#3 Nicroma

Nicroma

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

Try upgrading your XBMC or using a different way to stream unsure.gif

#4 namrrac

namrrac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:13 PM

Step 1: Start playing a movie over a SMB share
Step 2: While playing movie press the black button on the controller

What you should see is a prompt with statics info on the top of the screen
What you want to do is look where it says "cache:*%" where * represents your streaming information. Watch it for a while and see how it reacts. Mine stays at 78% If yours drops to 0 the movie stops. And thats your problem.

To fix this install ccXstream on your server and configure your xml to point to your ip address of your server.

http://dwl.xbox-scen...ccxgui_1.41.exe

I run a p3 933 with 256mb of ram and am able to stream dvds to 3 xbox's with no problems at all.

#5 Wamphyri

Wamphyri

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

Hi namrrac or anyone!

Yes my cached does go down to 0 then the movie stops so that must be the problem. So the question is there anyway i can fix it without using any other programs or protocols. ie by upgrading the xbmc version? i tried increasing the cache in the options, but it still doesent help. btw is the cache stored on drive e: because my e: drive on xbox is full and no space available?

thanks again

#6 hansie2

hansie2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

Hi, I indeed have tried this ccxstream (rather than the samba) and indeed cache now stays at 78% and no hang ups anymore. Thanks for the tip.
Hans

#7 atransistor

atransistor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:24 AM

I hate to bring this topic back up, but this is the exact problem I am having. I have windows xp pro. I set up both smb shars and ccxstream. Have tried both and both crap out around 9 to 10 mins and i watch the cache start out at 100%, drop to 79% and stay for 9 to 10 mins, and then drop to 0% and cut out. I set up all the same settings on a friend's network and it works flawlessly. I bought a cheapo comp usa switch. Is it possible that the switch is causing this problem. I have never heard of a switch acting up to cause a problem in my experiences. If I directly connect the xbox to my pc with a cross over everything works fine, but this is a pain to do everytime I want to stream a movie. Any one know what is causing this problem. My xbmc was up to date as of the first of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users