#1 veritas777

veritas777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:11 AM

Ok. I have been having a lot of trouble with cooling/overheating. I was browsing the net, when I stumbled on these:
http://www.vantecusa...t-cooling.html#
Click on the "HDD COOLER". The dimensions for my current tray are 120ish * 220ish * ? I was using a ruler and yet guestimating because of the 80mm mod and stuff. Should I try to make stuff external, is it possible to use this with the system? Lots of questions, any answers are appreciated.

#2 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

80 mm fan mod or 12v fan mod is great. also, i dont think hd coolers fit inside the xbox, just drill some holes in the carrier and put a fan under the hd itself

#3 gr0don

gr0don

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

you can make it external http://forums.xbox-s...1&st=&p=

i done it a while ago with the exact same cooler, the post has pics so you can see if you like it or not. it was quite easy, just spend plenty of time getting the cut on the top of the case looking good. post back or pm me if you have any questions or need any help.

#4 veritas777

veritas777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

If you flip the HDD over, does it mess up the actual drive? I just got a new 200 gig WD Caviar, and am afraid of messing it up. And did you just dremel the case? Is there no way to fit it in the case?

#5 veritas777

veritas777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:01 AM

Anybody know about the whole upside down HDD thing?

#6 Paronga

Paronga

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:19 AM

i dont THINK it would, but i could, i dono HDD's are funny things, and nowdyas with these huge 200GB ones, i wouldn't try it

#7 Kryxan

Kryxan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

i have had HDDs in computers that were up side down. i dont think it matter. if it does at all then it might make it louder, or fail quicker. from what i have seen those are the only problems possible and i cant be sure that those problems would actually be the result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users