643 replies to this topic

#151 henrybill

henrybill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(henrybill @ Mar 6 2005, 09:11 AM)
If I backed up my eeprom before i got banned, and then after a ban i upgraded my hard drive, got new gt, and flashed my old eeprom, would i get banned?

View Post

Well the reason i thought this might work is because when i try to sign on with a banned eeprom it doent even get to attempt to connect because the eeprom says that i am banned. If i flashed the eeprom that i backed up before i was banned it would say that i am not banned. The question is, is MS keeping track if two of the same eeproms have been on with different xboxs (new hd and gt)? I have read that people have gone on xbl with the same eeprom at the same timme, and not got banned.

uhh.gif its all very confusing

#152 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(henrybill @ Mar 7 2005, 01:32 PM)
Well the reason i thought this might work is because when i try to sign on with a banned eeprom it doent even get to attempt to connect because the eeprom says that i am banned.  If i flashed the eeprom that i backed up before i was banned it would say that i am not banned.  The question is, is MS keeping track if two of the same eeproms have been on with different xboxs (new hd and gt)?  I have read that people have gone on xbl with the same eeprom at the same timme, and not got banned.
uhh.gif its all very confusing

View Post

they keep track of both the eeprom and the s/n of the hdd

#153 karter74

karter74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:13 AM

somebody set me straight here:
I have an xbox that i used to play XBL on like 1 month ago. Since then I have put an X3 chip in and a 250gb HD. This means that I will need to get a new EEPROM if I don't want to get banned? I have yet to sign in to XBL with my modded box in fear of this.

#154 ximian

ximian

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(karter74 @ Mar 8 2005, 10:19 AM)
somebody set me straight here:
I have an xbox that i used to play XBL on like 1 month ago. Since then I have put an X3 chip in and a 250gb HD. This means that I will need to get a new EEPROM if I don't want to get banned? I have yet to sign in to XBL with my modded box in fear of this.

View Post

Do a search. This has been VERY well documented in NUMEROUS threads.

#155 karter74

karter74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:49 AM

a simple yes or no answer would have sufficed

#156 K Rock XP

K Rock XP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:33 AM

The answer is yes. and that previous guys has been posting everywhere with the same sh*t. that responce is up there with saying www.google.com. Don't be a jerk cause at one point or another you needed help and asked a question that was probably already answered. As for the questions. You need a VIRGIN HDD VIRGIN EEPROM and a unflagged GamerTag. you have 2 out of 3 (the gt and HDD) you can buy a eeprom of this guy.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=143336

he's honest and sends instructions too. Good luck post if you run into trouble.

K Rock XP
www.squadxp.com

#157 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(ximian @ Mar 8 2005, 11:37 AM)
Do a search. This has been VERY well documented in NUMEROUS threads.

View Post

i h8 ppl who do this. it would have been easier to just help him out.
K Rock XP is right, you need a new eeprom, so you dont get banned

#158 feet14

feet14

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Mar 8 2005, 09:25 AM)

View Post

Sometimes it is justified to ask people to search, other times it is not. I expect people to do some reading topics on the first page and preferably the excellent tutorials on the XS home page. If someone shows they have done this but are stuck on a particular step, then they are likely to get a better response.

#159 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Mar 8 2005, 03:25 AM)

View Post

ordinarily i might agree with you, but his question was answered in THIS VERY THREAD, in my initial post in fact, if he had bothred to read even 1 post in the thread he was replying to he would have had his answer

#160 ximian

ximian

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(K Rock XP @ Mar 8 2005, 03:39 PM)
The answer is yes. and that previous guys has been posting everywhere with the same sh*t.  that responce is up there with saying www.google.com. Don't be a jerk cause at one point or another you needed help and asked a question that was probably already answered.

It's difficult to read a site you value and look for posts that are actually valuable when you have a shitload of people popping in asking some question that is pretty much painted everywhere or hijacking a thread just because they're lazy/stoned/whatever.

I use this site, you use this site, we should be expected to police it appropriately.

#161 K Rock XP

K Rock XP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:52 PM

you guys have valid points but the poor guy had a simple question. plus if it came from u vets then i would respect it. but the guy being a jerk. was a noob himself. so hes not one to talk. the time wasted with his smart a$$ responce he could of answered his question. but i agree the search function on this site is great and should always be used first. like i always say ur never the first guy with the problem.

K Rock XP

#162 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

i wish we could edit outside of 15mins

#163 wtaag

wtaag

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:14 PM

Hopefully I wont get roasted for this question. I have a old 120gb hdd that was banned about 4 months ago. I'm picking up a new xbox and I plan on creating a new Live account. Is there a way I can change the hdd serial number on this banned hard drive so that I can use it on Live? I'm going to all serial ata in my desktop and I have no other use for this banned hdd. Any ideas? Thanks.

#164 K Rock XP

K Rock XP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

lol, i don't think it's possible cause i've read a lot of hours worth of these forums since joining. And never ran across this type of idea. but some of the vets might know.....lol roasted.

K Rock XP

#165 wtaag

wtaag

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:27 PM

Yeah... I havent been around here for a while. And rummaging through pages of threads can get tiring. Invision needs to better the searching capabilities to specify the page and not just the thread when searching on topics like this. O-well... heres to hoping. blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users