66Nicks

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:37 AM

Thx guys,
yeah I have been using xbconnect for awhile now, but some friends are trying to get me to pay for live.. I'll prolly just stick with the tunneling sotware for now. I may pull some games outta the lockbox later.
Other than being able to boot the original Bios, is there any other dif. if I lock the HD? Ie, will I still be able to access the HD through FTP for file transfers..
Basically once I lock the HD is there ANY downside I might see? Also will I be able to "unlock" it again or is there any need? I believe the xbox unlocks it upon boot on its own and then locks it upon shutdown, is that right? Or is it only the original bios that does that and I'll need to unlock it again to run the xbox with the chip turned on?
I know this thread was about something else.. so I'm sorry to polute it with my questions, but I searched the forums for awhile and couldn't find any answers so I feel it's relevant. Thanks again.

#32 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:51 AM

well a locked drive is just a stupid thing thst ms does. some of teh new drives that they make cant even be locked any more. its like a very outdated security method. the drive will still function teh dsme, wheter it is lcoked or unlocked. if you want to go live, just get a copy of configmagic (from the usual places), and lock your drive. then run a backup in evox, and copy all of the files that it makes to your computer.
that way, if your xbox decided to shit itself, you can recover the hard drive (coz its locked, itll only work on the xbox)

#33 66Nicks

66Nicks

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:02 AM

That sounds like a good plan, I have config magic already, I just didn't know what to expect when I ran it.. will it tell me what files it has creatd? I assume it creats a log of the password to unlock, but where do I find that file..?

#34 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(66Nicks @ Jan 15 2005, 05:33 PM)
That sounds like a good plan, I have config magic already, I just didn't know what to expect when I ran it.. will it tell me what files it has creatd? I assume it creats a log of the password to unlock, but where do I find that file..?

View Post

the master password that it will create for teh drive will be: TEAMASSEMBLY.

i dont think it creates backup files (but then again its been like 6months since ive used it, so i may be wrong).
best best is to try it, can see how things go. just use ur common sense so you dont do somethign to completley fuck up your xbox

#35 66Nicks

66Nicks

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:03 AM

Thx for the help guys.. I've been playing LIVE for the last two days with my 120GB HD and no probs.. but someone posted earlier to make a backup through the EvoX dash, which I did, and then they said to copy the backup files to your comp incase the HD goes nutty or whatev.. anyone know what files contain the backup info?? (And where they are?) beerchug.gif

#36 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(66Nicks @ Jan 17 2005, 08:34 PM)
Thx for the help guys.. I've been playing LIVE for the last two days with my 120GB HD and no probs.. but someone posted earlier to make a backup through the EvoX dash, which I did, and then they said to copy the backup files to your comp incase the HD goes nutty or whatev.. anyone know what files contain the backup info?? (And where they are?) beerchug.gif

View Post

if you do the backup with evox, then they should be in the e:\ partition. there are like 5 files that it makes. might be in a folder called backup.

#37 gunit202

gunit202

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:59 AM

i got a hhdkey.bin and an EEprom.bin file from me frend can i jus put them in the backup folder and flash the eeprom?

#38 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(gunit202 @ Jan 18 2005, 02:30 PM)
i got a hhdkey.bin and an EEprom.bin file from me frend can i jus put them in the backup folder and flash the eeprom?

View Post

yes you could do that, but that wouldnt do anythign positive for you. just make teh backup, then copy the fiels that it makes to your computer, for safeguarding.

#39 chronicboy

chronicboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:05 AM

hey i'm not shure if anybody is going to reply to this because this is an older post but anyways basically what this says is that if i take my stock hard drive( i plan on just swapping hdd's when i play xbl) so if i use my stock hdd when i set up and play xbl i won't get banned regardless of the files i have on my xbox ...the basic question is if i have files that wouldn't normally be on a xbox on my hard drie will i get banned? thanks for the help

#40 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(chronicboy @ Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM)
hey i'm not shure if anybody is going to reply to this because this is an older post but anyways basically what this says is that if i take my stock hard drive( i plan on just swapping hdd's when i play xbl) so if i use my stock hdd when i set up and play xbl i won't get banned regardless of the files i have on my xbox ...the basic question is if i have files that wouldn't normally be on a xbox on my hard drie will i get banned? thanks for the help

View Post

no, i dont think they scann the hard drives, so no, you shouldnt get banned

#41 dkilp

dkilp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

On F: MS couldn't scan this drive if they wanted to, at least not on the bios currently used on stock Xboxes (kernels 5838 and lower) the F partition is not enabled nor mounted, and cannot be accessed by either MS or homebrew code

I have a v1.6b xbox and when i boot to the xbox dash and check my memory i can see all the programs on my F:\ drive and i says that I have 50,000+ blocks of memory free. Does this mean that the new xboxes can scan the whole HD?

xecuter 3 chip
X3 bios\evox dash
segate 160mb HD locked

#42 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(dkilp @ Jan 21 2005, 12:57 AM)
I have a v1.6b xbox and when i boot to the xbox dash and check my memory i can see all the programs on my F:\ drive and i says that I have 50,000+ blocks of memory free. Does this mean that the new xboxes can scan the whole HD?
xecuter 3 chip
X3 bios\evox dash
segate 160mb HD locked

View Post

No.

It means they can see the saved games which are on the e: drive

#43 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

Okay, so let me get this straight....

The marriage theory, when someone mentioned the information stored on the MS servers, do you think this is created at the time you first log on to Live or is this information created at the time the XBox is made int he factory.
If it's the first, would I be okay with my situation?

I have a 1.6 Xbox, with a SpiderChip (I know I know) and EvoXM8_16plus bios installed.
I also have a 120Gb Maxtor HDD. I have not used or signed up to Live yet.

Would I get banned if I signed up or is it only if you sign up play, THEN change the HDD from the MS one.

I hope this is the case, as I'd love to try Live.
Thanks all

#44 me_007x

me_007x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Vader, I've been looking for this post.

Quick question, you said that eeproms can be polygamist, what does polygamist mean... lol, only joking.

What about the drives? I have a banned xbox for which I have ordered a new faulty mobo and drive (matched) to get it unbanned. However, I got banned just over a year ago cause I no one told me I couldn't go live with the mod chip on. Since then I have periodically tried to access live just to see if M$ 'forgot' about me but it hasn't (boooo). However, I would prefer not to go through the hassle of swapping drives and eeproms unless I have to (the faulty mobo is for backup parts) so I was wondering if I flash my eeprom and then unlock and relock my hd will I be able to go live?

Let me guess your answer...

I don't know, I guess you need to try it and find out.

#45 dkilp

dkilp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

[/QUOTE]QUOTE(dkilp @ Jan 21 2005, 12:57 AM)
xecuter 3 chip
X3 bios\evox dash
segate 160mb HD locked

No.

It means they can see the saved games which are on the e: drive[QUOTE]

It is seeing more than saved games it's seeing Surreal64 which is on my F drive and i've never used it, and it's seeing DVD2XBOX and MAMEoX Launcher both also installed on the F drive. Are all these programs leaving footprints on the E drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users