643 replies to this topic

#616 T-H-M

T-H-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(T-H-M @ Feb 1 2006, 08:03 PM) View Post

OK, I understand. But I did some further reading, and I saw in topic http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=436434
I believe that the case I quoted reflects my situation, at the time when I first tried to access XBL with my new HDD (EEPROM was already banned at that point, GT was flagged, since I did not make a new account). Bo33b's post states that my new harddrive also ends up banned.

Should I just test it, or is there anyone who has tried it before?

OK, I have tried it. New EEPROM, new GT, old HDD. I got banned again. So it seems that on an unsuccesful connect caused by a banned EEPROM, your HDD is also put on the ban-list if it was not already.

#617 T-H-M

T-H-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(T-H-M @ Feb 8 2006, 11:20 AM) View Post

OK, I have tried it. New EEPROM, new GT, old HDD. I got banned again. So it seems that on an unsuccesful connect caused by a banned EEPROM, your HDD is also put on the ban-list if it was not already.

Right, I think I'm all set to go. Bought a 320GB HDD, flashed my EEPROM, then locked the HDD while not rebooting. That messed up my new HDD. Had that disc returned under warranty, stating that I couldn't get it to work under Windows. Obviously, they couldn't either, so I got a new disc. laugh.gif

So, now I have my XBox with new EEPROM, new HDD and I have a Live trial code for a new GT. That should do it right? Don't want to waste anymore money to get on Live.

#618 VinnySem

VinnySem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(VinnySem @ Feb 6 2006, 09:05 AM) View Post

Lordvader, I have something to add to your marriage theory, as I was banned this passed weekend.

I believe MS is now performing some sort of HD firmware scan. I have an Xbox that I never took onto Live before I modded it. It has a Maxtor 100G HD. I did a clean boot directly to the Retail TSOP, created a brand new Live account (first time ever on Live, wanted to check out Battlefield 2) and was promptly banned with the "modified hardware" message. Perhaps MS is scanning the HD firmware and comparing manufacturer & model information to those of original equipment? I know Avalaunch can read the HD firmware, it wouldn't be much of a leap for Live to do the same.

I'd like to update my previous findings.

I purchased two new virgin eeproms, flashed one to my Xbox. I also swapped the banned HD out for another and moved all my dashboards, apps, backups, etc, to F: to keep C: clean of anything but original Xbox files. I booted without my chip active, recovered my GT, and was able to play on Live! last night for hours without any problem.

#619 Andrewolu

Andrewolu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hey Vinny what should the C and E drives look like when delete apps and stuff.

I don't wanna delete something that's needed for a retail drive by mistake.

Thanks

#620 mat6704

mat6704

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

I got banned on my stock hdd, so my stock hdd and my eeprom are now banned as well as my gt being flagged. So now i have a new larger hdd and a virgin eeprom. So my options are:

Option 1: Install the larger hdd then use the vigrin eeprom and use a new gt

or

Option 2: Install the stock hdd and use the virgin eeprom and use the old flagged gt

Is option 2 correct or am i wrong in saying that i can use the old banned hdd with a new eeprom and the old flagged gt. I know option 1 is correct but I would rather do option 2 if possible ( i don't feel like buying a new stock hdd).

#621 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

banned is banned, you cant use the stock HD on Live anymore, if you want to keep your gamertag you need to buy a new unbanned stock HD

#622 mat6704

mat6704

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

I hooked up my new larger hdd with the old banned eeprom on my box and tried to get my xyz codes by using the connect option in the network settings of M$ dash. Does that mean the my new larger hdd is banned because I tried to connect to live with the banned eeprom and a different hdd?

#623 EnterDaMatrix

EnterDaMatrix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

Okay my understanding is still a little bit cloudy, so I just need someone to confirm this:

I recently decided to softmod my xbox (1.0), and I used Ndure SC installer 1.1. It worked fine. I have XBMC as my main dash on the stock drive with stock EEPROM. I have never been banned. My understanding is, that, if I decide to upgrade my hdd to a 120gb which I bought already, and I use my old EEPROM, I will be banned, as I have played more recently than Nov 9, 2004 (obviously). If I still want to upgrade my hard drive, I will need to get a virgin EEPROM (I have no idea where to get this, a good, reliable place would be much appreciated), and then I will be safe from being banned, using my new 120gb hdd and my unbanned, virgin EEPROM. Also I am using my old xbl account, so would it detect my change in hardware, or is it only a change in one peice of hardware/EEPROM at a time, like same EEPROM different hdd, or same Hdd, different EEPROM. I know already that I will need to cold-boot to play live, that is understood. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if I am missing anything. I don't want to get banned. Thanks!

#624 mat6704

mat6704

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:32 AM

I hooked up my new larger hdd with the old banned eeprom on my box and tried to get my xyz codes by using the connect option in the network settings of M$ dash. Does that mean the my new larger hdd is banned because I tried to connect to live with the banned eeprom and a different hdd?

#625 The Reepr

The Reepr

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:55 AM

I aggree with this totally, but the ignorant will never accept. Their explanation:
"The Halo Gods Don't Like Me" But again, great article

#626 Juniorman030790

Juniorman030790

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:35 AM

Ok, somehow I was banned using my upgraded harddrive.
Now that my upgraded harddrive has been caught and banned there is no possible way for that harddrive to ever go on live again, or am I wrong?

What about changing the drive's serial?

#627 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE(Juniorman030790 @ Apr 29 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post
Ok, somehow I was banned using my upgraded harddrive.
Now that my upgraded harddrive has been caught and banned there is no possible way for that harddrive to ever go on live again, or am I wrong?

What about changing the drive's serial?

nope, no way to get back with that drive

you cant change the drives serial

#628 Juniorman030790

Juniorman030790

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. That really sucks that I can't use that harddrive on live any more. sad.gif

#629 Juniorman030790

Juniorman030790

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:00 PM

Ok, I saw some post where they had all these diff combos of banned and unbanned equipment etc.

Will this setup work for me?

Virgin Eeprom + Brand new upgraded harddrive(never used ever)+ flagged GT= Live works?

I hope so since I just paid $50 for this GT.

By the way. If my GT is flagged. If I get a name change somehow would that make my GT unbanned?

Anyone know a way to convince M$ to change my GT name if i need to?

#630 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(Juniorman030790 @ May 5 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post
Ok, I saw some post where they had all these diff combos of banned and unbanned equipment etc.

Will this setup work for me?

Virgin Eeprom + Brand new upgraded harddrive(never used ever)+ flagged GT= Live works?

I hope so since I just paid $50 for this GT.

By the way. If my GT is flagged. If I get a name change somehow would that make my GT unbanned?

Anyone know a way to convince M$ to change my GT name if i need to?

i believe the post you are referring to says this

* Single unbanned eeprom + Single unbanned upgrade hdd + Flagged GT = Ban

if your GT is flagged it cannot be used with a non-stock HD

there is no way to unflag a GT, youll have to use a stock HD with it, you can set up a switch to use a stock HD on Live and your upgraded one offline, or get a second xbox for Live purposes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users