643 replies to this topic

#61 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

Okay, to answer my own question, I have read that the X2 4983 BIOS supports it, but I've also read that this BIOS doesn't really like the 1.6 XBoxes.
Does this mean I can't use it in my box?

#62 NipsMG

NipsMG

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(chuckalicious @ Jan 31 2005, 12:51 PM)
Okay, for folks like me who have a 1.6 Xbox, I have read, so far, that we can't use the BIOS that supports XBox Live blocking. From my reading, only the 49xx BIOS' do this and they don't work well on 1.6 Xboxes.

So, for those of you that can, I imagine bloking the ports on your broadband router would do the trick. Then when you want to play, simply unblock the ports.

I know it's a bit more of a pain, but if it stops banning, that's got to be a good thing.

So, my only question is, what ports does XBL use?

View Post

Xbins:

XBOX\Exploits\Bios Patchers and Loaders\pblmetoo\metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1.zip

Works with V1.6. Has LiveBlocking.

#63 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:57 PM

Nice one mate smile.gif

#64 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

Ok, so downloaded the file, and read the instructions.
If I do the installation the way the readme file describes it, do I need to edit the config file or not? For both the EPROM key and the RC4 key, it states you don't need them for the M8 BIOSs, so does this mean we delete the line in the config file, or leave it, or change it? I really don't want to screw this up, seeing as the box already works well, only withouth Live blocking
So can I use the default config file with my spiderchip flashed with the M8 16 plus bios?
Thanks again

#65 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:31 PM

Or would it be better simply to do the normal EvoX reflash using the EvoX dash?
I have EvoX installed, just not running so easily done if you'd recommend doing it that way instead of using the default.xbe included with the MeToo BIOS'

#66 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(chuckalicious @ Feb 1 2005, 01:37 AM)
Or would it be better simply to do the normal EvoX reflash using the EvoX dash?
I have EvoX installed, just not running so easily done if you'd recommend doing it that way instead of using the default.xbe included with the MeToo BIOS'

View Post

well id say use evox

#67 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 1 2005, 11:18 AM)
well id say use evox

View Post

And you'd be right smile.gif Did it last night. Flawless. Worth putting in the line:
Flash = 0xbf52,"Spiderchip",0x40000
into the evox.ini if it's a Spiderchip

#68 lars1273

lars1273

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:31 PM

I have a box that I played XBL about a year ago and then stopped using it. I know installed an X3 and have an upgraded hard drive. I think I would get banned if I tried to get back on XBL with the new hard drive (according to theory)...can I do anything to this box to get it on XBL with the upgraded hd?

#69 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

You should be fine as the marriages only started to be recorded circa July last year.

#70 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Gumba @ Feb 2 2005, 12:07 PM)
You should be fine as the marriages only started to be recorded circa July last year.

View Post

yer youll be fine. for a year ago, tehy were only bannign for hacked bioses.
so youll be fine now, just make sure that the chip isnt enabled when you go live, and you will be fine

#71 deea111

deea111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

whats up xbox-scene. i've been reading this thread and a few other tutorials in this site hoping for solutions about my xbox live problem, but i'm still a little fuzzy about what exactly is going on. so i'd figure i'd ask you all directly. before i begin, i'm letting you guys know that i have little knowledge about modding xboxs and the specs done to my box. what i do know is that it has a 120 gb western digital hd, runs the x-evolution dashboard, has a toggle switch on the bottom of the box which allows me to switch between the modded side and the live side, and my box was manufactured in '03 (i don't know if that'll help one bit). well, here's my problem: i've been playing halo 2 on live for almost 2 months(with no problems) until my nephew accidentally tried to go on live by running halo 2 off the hard drive. i didn't realize it until the following day when i tried to play halo 2 on live directly off the cd. the last step in the troubleshooting task failed before displaying the "would not connect due to detected upgraded software/modified hardware" message. i explained the problem to the person who modded my xbox and he had the box "flashed" (i think that's the term he used). when i got the box back, i played on live fine that night; but the following day, the same thing happened all over again. no one touched my box since the previous night i played it. anyways, i am positive that the switch wasn't on the modded side. i always double check before playing. right now, if i have to, i'll get rid of the box just so i can get another to play halo 2 on live again(halo 2 is just that dope). so here's my questions:

what can i have done to the box so that i can play on live again?
i don't think my live account is banned because i was able to play tonight on a different box...so what IS exactly banned?? is it my xbox that is banned from playing live?? or is it my ip address?? i'm clueless fellas. i'm also thinking about trading modded xboxs with my friend...what do you'll think??

#72 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:38 AM

well it sounds like what he did was change dteh eeprom number. if so, xbox live would have picked that up (marrige thingy = hdd number and xbox number married), and now it wont work.

that sound likley guys?

#73 MyS2006

MyS2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:09 AM

question here my friend got banned tonight he has a x2 and a stock HDD im gonna buy a new eeprom for him for 10 dollars if he gets it does he need a new HDD and new gamertag like i said his HDD is the retail HDD that came with his version 1.0 xbox.

#74 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE(MyS2006 @ Feb 4 2005, 08:15 PM)
question here my friend got banned tonight he has a x2 and a stock HDD im gonna buy a new eeprom for him for 10 dollars if he gets it does he need a new HDD and new gamertag like i said his HDD is the retail HDD that came with his version 1.0 xbox.

View Post

theres some conflicting info on that one, some say you can 'revirginize" and even unban and HD, others say the serial is banned and cant be unbanned

just to be otn eh safe side id say get a new HD

as long as the HD is a stock xbox drive (from any xbox) you wont need a new GT, if its not originally an xbox drive you will need a new GT

#75 MyS2006

MyS2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:26 AM

okay i found a segate that i had in my box stock hdd when i upgraded my HDD so if i install that on his box then his current gamertag should be fine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users