#1 CoogLFish

CoogLFish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:19 PM

From Changelog.txt:

- 20-12-2004 added: support for multiple subtitles, with language extension ie: filename.eng.sub (needs new mplayer.dll)

- 20-12-2004 changed: new subtitle name interface for xbmc, will fallback to old style if missing (support old dlls)
  - 20-12-2004 added: full subtitle/audio translation database for both iso639-1 and iso639-2 language codes
  - 20-12-2004 added: alternate subtitle support. add a file named subtitle.[langext].[subext] in the alternate subtitle directory, and it will show up as an alternate subtitle for all movies.

I don't get this. As I understand this, I can have multiple subtitles for one movie, i.e. a movie called MyMovie.avi could have subtitles called MyMovie.espaņol.sub and MyMovie.deutsch.sub and I would be able to switch between the two. Now how would I do this? In the OSD it doesn't seem to work, no subtitle seems to be found at all, so there is nothing to chose from. MyMovie.sub works fine, though.

I have all my subtitles neatly stored in F:\subtitles and set this as alternative subtitle-directory in xboxmediacenter.xml. I have updated to newest pre6 mplayer.dll - to no avail.

To be honest, I don't understand the bottom three points: what is the "subtitle name interface"? What is the "subtitle/audio translation database"? What does "show up as an alternate subtitle for ALL (!) movies" mean?

Any ideas?

#2 CoogLFish

CoogLFish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:44 PM

Anyone? Nobody wants/uses this feature?

#3 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:14 PM

Make the subtitles have the exact same name as the movie plus the extension. Put them in the same directory as the movie. If you write the full name ie espaņol, it will show up as UNKNOWN: espaņol, will change that at some point.

So for example.

Movie Name
knigths.tale.avi

Subtitle names
knights.tale.du.srt
knights.tale.eng.srt

Should give you two subtitles selectable from osd,
Dutch
English

Don't know the short name for spanish, but if you look in the supplied xml files in the mplayer dir, you should be able to figure it out.

btw, i assume you've compiled your own dll and are not using ezars as that will not work.

#4 CoogLFish

CoogLFish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I actually use the mplayer.dll ezar provided in the xboxmediacenter-forum. Is there anywhere I can get a proper build of the pre6-dll as I honestly don't feel like compiling myself ...

With the ezar-build I finally got to the point to see the two subtitles in the context menu. Switching is not possible, though, selecting the other sub results in displaying no subtitle at all.

Any help appreciated.

If it now would be possible to display German and Spanish at a time for my Mexican wife and me would be heaven ... :-)

#5 CoogLFish

CoogLFish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:06 PM

(bumping politely)

smile.gif

#6 CoogLFish

CoogLFish

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

With the 2005-01-15-build I finally got everything to work. Seems to work fine with the included pre5-mplayer.dll. Found nothing in the changelog about subtitles this time, but well, it's working, so I'm happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users