• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Legionnpk

Legionnpk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:57 AM

Ok my chip should be in the mail soon and it somes with the v1.6 Rebuild PCB. As of right now i dont know what xboz version i have but i just purchesed it today and it should be a 1.6 cause the date created is 11 04 so i mean come on. But if it is im wondering about the v1.6 Rebuild PCB kit. should i use this or just plain old wires for my X3ce? Any disadvanteges? I have alot of practice wit soldering from my electronics class ( and to think we were pissed at the teacher for making us practice how to solder for a week until he let us soilder onto chips...if he only knew) so i wouldn't mind either but if i dont HAVE to do extra work then why do it? Help pleeeaaseee blink.gif

#2 Albino

Albino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:40 PM

If you've got the 1.6 rebuild pcb coming with the chip then I would use that, it will be neater and quicker than wires, to install it solder in the pin header as normal then place the rebuild pcb on the bottom of the motherboard and solder all of the quicksolder type pads onto the motherboard, then conect your D0 wire onto the specified pad on the rebuild PCB. It means you don't have to fiddle about with small bits of wire, and it automatically places you at the correct points to solder to.

#3 Legionnpk

Legionnpk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

bizzump

#4 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

Yeah I have to agree that the lpc rebuild module is quicker and neater to install than using the wires.

#5 Wireless Geek

Wireless Geek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:21 AM

Do the PCB Rebuild. It's not bad to install and works great. I haven't done it with just the wires, but it would be a little more difficult. Hence the need for them to even create it in the first place. Just make sure you read the directions a few times to make it clear what you need to do.

Good luck!

-- Geek

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:38 AM

i never used a PCB but it looks like it would be much easier thean wires, if your already getting one no need to let it go to waste

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users