#1 Ronnie

Ronnie

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 June 2002 - 02:34 AM

Its pretty obvious now that the Xtender folks are full of shiznit.I just read the cracked BIOS info and the guy who cracked it seems to be pretty smart and can see that the Xtender people are liars.

From the fingers of MrSporty

" It also turns out that the original BIOS in the XBOX is mirrored 4 times
throughout the ROM. So .. instead of using a 29F080 like the xtender does (overkill) , we could use an 020 part and just miss out the top address lines (A18,A19). Now u know why the original wiring diagram for the xtender included those 1 and 2 solder points .. and then the reson they posted that you could omit them .. "For future development" .. my arse."

"The statement that the xtender mod being flash upgradeable is a load of
rubbish too .. the CPLD is .. sure .. cos the JTAG lines are brought out
onto the arse end of the pcb .. unfortunately the WE# line of the TSOP
flash rom is permanently tied to ground , meaning that the chip would need removing from the pcb for upgrading. You may as well do yer own bios whilst you are at it."

If I cant get my own chip programmed Im going with messiah or enigmah and so should everyone else.Xtender blows ass.

#2 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 03:27 AM

lol, everyone has hyped their products man. And as for the chip being reflashable, since it came out I thought "who cares, I'd have to send my chip back to be reprogrammed." So yes it misleads people who don't know certain things. In the end though you can play any backup that's all I care about.
Oh and I'm not protecting the Xtender or Enigmah people who have lied about things, I personally think it's a dumb thing to do. Everyone will remember all this BS and think twice about dealing with them.

#3 lyzanxia

lyzanxia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 09:05 AM

Modchips manufacturers have always had the naughty habbit of overcalling their products just to sell more...

#4 Duece

Duece

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 06:10 PM

The only thing that scares me are the XBL games. I mean it could be like PSO on the dreamcast. Each game could have a serial number that resides on the disc. Now that the chips are out M$ would have to combat piracy somehow. I just hope that when they do it the XBOX would still allow retail games to work on XBL if there is any piracy protection implemented. Maybe they should have sat on the Mods until after XBL, that way at least the first wave of game would be playable on the Mod. Now at least they have some time to think up of some copyright protection. O well.....I can only wait it out to see what happens. ph34r.gif

#5 Ronnie

Ronnie

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 June 2002 - 10:54 PM

Dont be so cheap burn the games that are not for XBL and if there is some new protection on XBL games just buy them.What the big deal?You cant steal everything ph34r.gif

#6 telekinetica

telekinetica

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 11:08 PM

Good point Ronnie. The game developers gotta earn money to feed their families.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users