Hd Upgrade Problem
Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:04 AM
I unlocked the original drive & relocked it without any problem : it was working like a charm in the xbox.
So I purchased a new HDD (an Hitachi HDS722516VLAT80 160GB 8MB Cache), made partitions with xboxhdm (used C & E from my original disk), locked the disk with the known-working key, put the new disk in place and...
Error 06 : HDD cannot be unlocked.
I really don't understand.. I retried many times, checked the key at least 3*infinite times.
I know 160GB disk are not supported but I should get a 137GB disk instead, not this error, right ? If anyone could help me..
Another question I am asking myself is how do I change the bios which come with PBL ? I tried to put a M8+ for 1.6 and the console froze after the Xbox logo (of course the dashboard path was correctly set with evtools). I wanted to do that to be able to hotswap-lock my HDD with Config Magic or EvoX boot cd.. because I get no more than a freeze when trying to hotswap currently..
Thanks for your help.
Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:57 AM
Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:42 PM
1) Didn't touch my original HDD.
2) Made the new one unlocked.
3) Connected both my hard-drives on power with an Y molex cable.
4) Installed Metoo-M8+1.6-06 as a bios with Metoo-PBL on my original HDD.
5) Installed ConfigMagic on my original HDD.
6) Ran ConfigMagic.
7) Unplugged IDE cable from the original HDD and plug the new one (hotswap).
8) Selected "Unlock HDD" (even if it is already unlocked) to refresh informations in ConfigMagic.
9) Got a new lock key, wrote it down.
10) Tried to lock with ConfigMagic... froze.
11) Put the new HDD back in my PC and locked it with xboxhdm, with the new lock code.
12) Put the new HDD in the xbox.
13) Worked !
If it can help anyone..
evtools is based on xbtool and is used to modify evox M8 bioses.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users