• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrJul

MrJul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:04 AM

I have a 1.6 Xbox softmodded with 007 & fonts exploit (using PBL so). All was working fine until I wanted to change the hard disk. I found the password key in UnleashX (the dashboard I use), that was confirmed in the hddinfo.txt file.

I unlocked the original drive & relocked it without any problem : it was working like a charm in the xbox.

So I purchased a new HDD (an Hitachi HDS722516VLAT80 160GB 8MB Cache), made partitions with xboxhdm (used C & E from my original disk), locked the disk with the known-working key, put the new disk in place and...

Error 06 : HDD cannot be unlocked.

I really don't understand.. I retried many times, checked the key at least 3*infinite times.

I know 160GB disk are not supported but I should get a 137GB disk instead, not this error, right ? If anyone could help me..

Another question I am asking myself is how do I change the bios which come with PBL ? I tried to put a M8+ for 1.6 and the console froze after the Xbox logo (of course the dashboard path was correctly set with evtools). I wanted to do that to be able to hotswap-lock my HDD with Config Magic or EvoX boot cd.. because I get no more than a freeze when trying to hotswap currently..

Thanks for your help.

#2 OpEnUpYoUrEyE

OpEnUpYoUrEyE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:57 AM

I duno the answer to your question, but i do know you will get your 160GB if you bios supports it. I aslo want to know what evtools is and what dose it do?

#3 MrJul

MrJul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

OK, after many hours, I finally managed to make my new HDD working. Here is the method I used :

1) Didn't touch my original HDD.
2) Made the new one unlocked.
3) Connected both my hard-drives on power with an Y molex cable.
4) Installed Metoo-M8+1.6-06 as a bios with Metoo-PBL on my original HDD.
5) Installed ConfigMagic on my original HDD.
6) Ran ConfigMagic.
7) Unplugged IDE cable from the original HDD and plug the new one (hotswap).
8) Selected "Unlock HDD" (even if it is already unlocked) to refresh informations in ConfigMagic.
9) Got a new lock key, wrote it down.
10) Tried to lock with ConfigMagic... froze.
11) Put the new HDD back in my PC and locked it with xboxhdm, with the new lock code.
12) Put the new HDD in the xbox.
13) Worked !

If it can help anyone..

@openyoureyes:
evtools is based on xbtool and is used to modify evox M8 bioses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users