#1 manniezee

manniezee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 02:45 AM

Added By XanTium:
You bought something from http://www.hackershardware.com ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

Additional Reviews/Ratings: http://www.resellerr...seller3063.html

Anyone who thinks Hackers Hardware is a scam, post your reasons or experiences here. ph34r.gif

#2 alee132

alee132

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:22 AM

No, I ACTUALLY GOR MY CHIP FROM THEM but other are said to never recieve there chips.

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 10:52 AM

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

I wouldn't go as far as calling them a "SCAM", more like some kindergarten kids selling lemonade over the internet.

Though the kids may well do a better job at keeping track of their orders!

#4 manniezee

manniezee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 03:52 PM

I'm not sure if I would call them a scam either, but they do screw people.

#5 beaumac

beaumac

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2002 - 02:39 AM

This site totally ripped me off and now they wont return my emails. I got something coming for these wise-a$$es though. Everyone else be smart and avoid them like the plague!

#6 digital6

digital6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 12:40 PM

SCAM, yes I think Hackers Hardware is a scam! Why would a company take your money, never send any e-mail messages, and not attempt to ever make contact with you or reply to their e-mail messages. Yea its a SCAM, you'd have to be stupid to believe otherwise.

I'm out $460 bucks and have already started the ball rolling with a mail fraud investigation on these people.

Aparently this isn't the first mail fraud case against these people per an investigator that contacted me regarding this matter. I look forward to the day when their site goes down and nobody else gets screwed over by these assholes.

Xbox-Scene should take these people off their main page, otherwise you risk getting a bad reputation yourselves.... Think about it!

#7 youngdragon2010

youngdragon2010

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:13 PM

Call them:

"Contact HackersHardware
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Us at Sales@HackersHardware.com - Email is open 10am-5pm Monday through Fridays. We receive 1000's of emails a day, so please DO NOT email us MULTIPLE times. Thank you!

Call 1-909-809-0574 (area code is located in Cali) if you require sales assistance and or if your having ordering difficulties.

DO NOT CALL if you are in need of a order status, tracking number, and or any other silly requests or favors. Please do not abuse this number or we will remove it from the site, THANKS!!!"

Also here is some more info on them, also it looks like they are located Near Philly, PA
NeoTrace Trace Version 3.25 Results
Target: hackershardware.com
Date: 9/10/2002 (Tuesday), 12:59:35 PM

10 8 2 12.122.11.14 40.583N, 74.617W gbr6-p30.n54ny.ip.att.net
11 8 2 12.123.1.205 40.583N, 74.617W gar2-p370.n54ny.ip.att.net
12 8 - 12.124.179.6 Unknown
13 9 3 64.91.224.45 Unknown hackershardware.com

Registrant id#: 3
Registrant:
WPF
Winschoterdiep 1007
Groningen, Groningen 00
NL
Fax:0641273940

#8 SniperKilla

SniperKilla

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 September 2002 - 10:57 PM

their DEFIENTLY in CA, i ordered a premod xbox and ps2 a few months back, and i got both but the ps2 was unmodded, so i was told to send it back, so i did and 2 days later i had my right ps2 on my doorstep.

All return addresses came from CA and i sent the first ps2 to CA

#9 RaGe

RaGe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2002 - 05:21 AM

I have received stuff from them before

#10 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 01:04 PM

its not a SCAM unless u don't receive or hear from them ever again (which really sux)

#11 MURDERER

MURDERER

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear about you guys losing money to hackers hardware, that really sux. Here is an address from the box, if this helps any.

hackers hardware
electronic commerce international
10601 Tierrasanta Blvd. #151
San Diego, CA 92124-2616

iMURDERER

#12 JCD

JCD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:33 PM

I have ordered 3 EnigmaH's 6 August, when i waited for one week. I've started to e-mail them, where my order was. First, they couldn't see my order. It wasn't handled, the european site was about to open and my order fell right between it. So i said to the guy, i want them. For the free shipping. Noo that wasn't possible, they will be sent via Sweden. But the EnigmaH's are no more, so i said... 3 executors for the same price.

Once he accepted my proposal, i waited for another week. Suddenly he said the pricediffrence was too high, and promised me only 2 executors. Well i didn't like the way it all went, but agreed on this one. Then nothing came, i asked how it all went... No we are not sending you two, but one.

I really was astonished, what kind of marketing is this? Just screwing over and over you customers? So i waited, nothing! I arranged this all by IRC on #xbox channel, the guy's name is "RoT" Just as their service i believe...

Finally i got tired of waiting, and wanted my money back... send an e-mail or two... no response for a week... then an reply 'Why did you order from USA and not from Europe" jeez. I e-mailed that my order took too long to process and i wanted fully money refund.

Well that was about a week ago, now i talked to a collegue of him. Cause RoT never seemed to respond on IRC (probably due time-differences) i repeatedly demanded my money back. So here i am, begging for my money back. After i said the words to file a complaint towards PayPal about this matter... THEN FINALLY things where set in motion.

I actually DID file a complaint, cause i was tired of it. Waiting for a stupid piece of PCB to arrive after more then a month!

Well, it could have been due the weak software they use... that my order was never gotten trough their system, but the money went from the bank a week after the actual order of (6 august). But HackersHardware seemed to be reasonable at the first step... then all their promises changed to stalling me.

What can i say? It's a weird company, i've ordered at Lik-sang.com for a couple of penny's more... but i'm happy i can expect my order this coming week.

#13 solgamer

solgamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 08:37 PM

That is horrible. And with the type of "multi-country" site they have, you would think they would be more professional, or at least have some decent support for their customers.

I have always (and will continue to always) order my items from www.GameGizmo.com Never had a problem at all, always get my product fast and if need help, can contact them right away and answer (at least for me) always has come same day or next morning. Sometimes prices that seem too good to be true, often are too good to be true because in the end, you don't have any such support whatsoever from the people. It is just not right to do this.

All companies have problems, but what I am reading here an other forums is disgusting. Actually. GameGizmo.com did have a problem once, they send out older version of Enigmah chips to their customers, while not knowing it. In fact, *I* did not even know it. But 3 weeks later came an enevlope in the mail, with a **FREE** upgraded chip and a letter explaining the problem and a apology. So I got one free chip from them. Thats my type of business practice. If I will spend my money, I spend it in the right type of places.

Contact PayPal, they will get your money back, contact even the local BBB or local police in the area there, they will investigate it.

#14 manniezee

manniezee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 09:18 PM

I think Xbox-Scene removed their banners from the site temporarily. Probably until they get their $hit taking care of.

#15 Fanch

Fanch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 10:23 PM

Hey guys. I've been waiting a little while for my Magic 2 pre-mod PS2 order, and it went through today. This afternoon.. around 3:30.. I got it.... that e-mail I know you're all dreaming of.... FedEx shipment 792106284981. It took a little while for my system to ship, But I wouldn't label them scammers... I hope you guys end up getting as good of treatment as I got.. They sound like cool guys on the phone, I wouldn't label them rip-off artists just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users