• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ara547

ara547

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:37 AM

ok i re tried soft moding on my 1.6b i had luck with the original xbox hard drive but no luck on my 200 gig. i used the programs ude2 and xboxhdm . I also fallowed the tutorial http://how2xbox.com/harddrive.htm and i have no luck what can be going wrong.

#2 lunatic0222

lunatic0222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Lacrosse, Dirtbiking, Xbox, Computers, Hockey, Football
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:06 AM

Use link in my sig, then use hdmaker to build ur new harddrive and put the original ms dash onto our new hd, (you need to use the files to an evox cd and put them in with ur hdm cd) then redo the process over........make sure u back up ur eeprom or ur fucked , you need to use ur old eeprom to lock ur new harddrive too, dont forget that, good luck peace.

#3 ara547

ara547

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:40 AM

the thing is my friend who has soft moded his xbox which is an older version has had succes, were doing the same thing and fallowing the directions exactly and its not working. also when we took the 200 gig hard drive that we modid on my xbox and swiped it into his to see if it worked, it worked on his but not with mine.....

so right now my xbox is soft modid with the original hard drive, i wanted to see if its possible to play games whihc are burned from a dvd burner with this ude2 program?

thanks

#4 lunatic0222

lunatic0222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Lacrosse, Dirtbiking, Xbox, Computers, Hockey, Football
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:36 AM

yes u can use that to play games from a dvd. as long as u know u cant just do a copy from cd to cd of an original xbox game u need to ftp the files to ur computer first then burn them onto the dvd but im sure you know that already

#5 slobber

slobber

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(ara547 @ Jan 8 2005, 09:11 PM)
the thing is my friend who has soft moded his xbox which is an older version has had succes, were doing the same thing and fallowing the directions exactly and its not working. also when we took the 200 gig hard drive that we modid on my xbox and swiped it into his to see if it worked, it worked on his but not with mine.....

so right now my xbox is soft modid with the original hard drive, i wanted to see if its possible to play games whihc are burned from a dvd burner with this ude2 program?

thanks

View Post

If you have a v1.6b, you'll have to use the right BIOS for that model. Your friend's older box can use any BIOS but you will have to use one specific for your model. If you are already doing that, check the version of your MS Dashboard (may have to undo your softmod first). UDE2, like UDE, may require a particular version of dashboard.

//edit
Disregard the dashboard comment as if it is working on your friend's box, it will work on yours. You need to get a different BIOS, probably the EvoX M8. I think there is a particular version of that BIOS that indicates it is for v1.6 boxes. You can find it in the usual places (link in my sig).

Edited by slobber, 09 January 2005 - 04:44 AM.

#6 ara547

ara547

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:58 AM

where can i check and see that the evox specification have a specific bios for the v1.6 boxes

#7 ara547

ara547

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 05:06 AM

and is this program used in the place of the ude2, and do i still use xboxhdm

thanks

#8 slobber

slobber

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:31 AM

The BIOS file is not a replacement for those installers, no. If you have used the UDE2 install, there should be a way to get back to the UDE2 install window (either using the gamesave originally used to softmod your friend's box, or by simply having the DVD tray open when cold booting the Xbox). With your hard drive in your friend's Xbox, re-run the UDE2. This time watch for any messages that indicate "If you have a version 1.6 Xbox, you must use ... BIOS," or some message like that. The UDE2 install tutorial in these forums should include instructions for what to do if you have a v1.6 Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users