#1 chilldawg8906

chilldawg8906

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:24 AM

I am going to be modding my XBOX next week. My X3 comes in on Monday or Tuesday. I know i want to use Avalaunch and XBMC, but running my XBOX as a linux computer also is of interest to me. Is there any way i can use both the on the same xbox? Can i launch Linux from a dashboard, or does it have to be one or the other?

Thanks for helping a newb.
-DAVE

#2 chilldawg8906

chilldawg8906

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:32 AM

Like the New GNU Linux distrobution, does that just boot up Linux when you put the disk in? So i could use Avalaunch and XBMC normally and when i want linux just pop-in the disk?

-DAVE

#3 tomservomst3k

tomservomst3k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:01 AM

You can easily launch linux from your dashboard, with avalaunch you can eaither use a disc or FTP to install linux on your box, their are tutorials for this all over the place, try gentoox.shallax.com, a pretty solid xbox linux with lots of tutorials. Anyways, once it is installed you can just add a launch item to your dashboard for your linux ".xbe" file. Im not positive with the details on avalaunch since i did this with evox, but i don't see why it couldn't be done. So yes, in some way or another you can get both on your xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users