#91 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:56 AM

alright i barely remember the 3do version (only saw a buddy play it ages ago)

but when your done mining a planet, is it normal that when you go back the minerals are also back? or is this a bug in the xbox version

because once you find one of those planets filled with exotics its pretty much done and infinite RU for you

#92 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

what solar system and what planet/moon ? haven't seen any bugs so far, but I have the win32 version to check if it bugs there too.

Yes, sources will be out when we feel it's done smile.gif

#93 XaRaNn

XaRaNn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:31 AM

every planet ive tryed so far

you mine it clean, go to navigate to leave, turn around and come back, and all the minerals are back (same position)

also id like to know if its possible to use the remixed music found at
http://www.medievalf...com/precursors/
with the xbox port
i think with the pc one you had to use a command line switch, and somebody mentionned you cant (yet) with the port. would jus like to get a final word on this

anyway ive been playing for a while now, and i havent encountered any other problems

a very cool feature would be screen resize for overscan compensation tho, i can barely see the names of the planets / coordinates in the starmap because of it

Edited by XaRaNn, 22 June 2005 - 02:34 AM.

#94 Mexpac

Mexpac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:02 AM

First let me tell that this game is awesome, it is still one of my favorites and this was the only reason I wished for a 3DO Emulator at some point. (no reason for it anymore)

Some bugs I found are that in Melee, both players control the same ship in VS...
And the other one is that I did not encountered Fwifo at pluto (have not played farter in the game).

I know it will probably be Imposible, but, will network support be added to Melee at some point? biggrin.gif

Anyways thanks for this great port to the Xbox.

#95 TMaul

TMaul

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Mexpac @ Jun 22 2005, 08:13 AM)
First let me tell that this game is awesome, it is still one of my favorites and this was the only reason I wished for a 3DO Emulator at some point. (no reason for it anymore)

Some bugs I found are that in Melee, both players control the same ship in VS...
And the other one is that I did not encountered Fwifo at pluto (have not played farter in the game).

I know it will probably be Imposible, but, will network support be added to Melee at some point? biggrin.gif

Anyways thanks for this great port to the Xbox.

View Post

Hmmm, I will take a look at the melee VS problem. I am 99% sure it was working ok at one point.

As for network support in melee mode, that would be the most awesome thing I can think of but it won't happen until UQM has network support, and even then I have no idea if they are even going to consider network support.

EDIT: And thanks for the bug report. smile.gif

Edited by TMaul, 22 June 2005 - 12:58 PM.

#96 zefrench

zefrench

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:36 AM

Any chances of getting the code? I want to insure it does not get lost and all the hard work done by the team has to be redone. Rolling the changes back into the mainstream code is what I would like to look at,

#97 DCarnage

DCarnage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:09 AM

A couple of days ago I found the Ur-Quan Masters port of the 3DO version and freaked out! Especially at the fact that the source code was released. So yesterday I thought about getting a team together to port it to XBox. But today I found this thread and I'm jumping for joy at the moment!!!

Thank you very much for porting sc2 to XBox. Keep up the great work!

#98 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:47 AM

i hate to be the negative one here but for the love of pete what is the point of this game ?

is it rpg is it shooter do you farm the planets for minerals? wth ?

this looks liek a really sad attempt at some very very early rpg games
i mean i know its aport from a really old game and if i read correctly its a 3do game ?
omg wth was EVER good on 3do ?

man you boys need some DeadBabies madness.

#99 Mexpac

Mexpac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

Lestat, your post is a good example of nonsense produced by ignorance...

SC2 is a great game on its genre. Great storiline, adictive and fun to play.

#100 TMaul

TMaul

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(LESTAT @ Jul 19 2005, 04:58 AM)
i hate to be the negative one here but for the love of pete what is the point of this game ?

is it rpg is it shooter do you farm the planets for minerals?  wth ?

this looks liek a really sad attempt at some very very early rpg games
i mean i know its  aport from a really old game and if i read correctly its a 3do game ?
omg wth was EVER good on 3do ?

man you boys need some DeadBabies madness.

View Post

The first version of Star Control II was on the PC. The 3DO version came later. The 3DO version had speech and other cool stuff that not many PC games had back then. This port has the speech from the 3DO version but is a bit closer to the PC version of the game, gameplay wise.

Here is short but good review type thing from gamespot

As you can see its in their greatest games of all time section, where it should be. smile.gif

They don't mention deadbabies but i'm sure its not as addictive as Star Control 2.
Not many games are. tongue.gif

#101 flavor

flavor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:22 PM

I had about 3-4 upload errors with files like /content/lastbat/lascap.0.Y=200.png. Seems to be fatx related. I hope those are not really important.

Anyways, SC2x is another good example of how game experience changes with its platform. Star control seems to be made for the livingroom and big tv and a relaxing couch. :> Had this feeling with all Lucasfilm games as well. Great Port, Joker!

Edited by flavor, 30 July 2005 - 01:23 PM.

#102 Christian108

Christian108

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:10 AM

Thanks Joker, I'm enjoying the hell outta this classic game.

As far as bugs go, I think I may of found one. When I returned to my homeworld of Vela, there is an Ur-Quan vessel in orbit around the newly slave sheilded world. When you approach the Ur-Quan ship it replayed the drone message from the beginning of the game when you approached the earth. If memory serves me correct, there was a battle with an Ur-Quan ship, not a repeat of a previous message. Thanks!

#103 javitole

javitole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:02 PM

Hi friends,I´m from Spain and i can´t play SC2.I have SmartXX.I search file for execute with XBMC and when it start the screen get black.I am installing in E:/SC2x root but i cant play the game.

Sorry for my English.

Bye

#104 Mexpac

Mexpac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

BTW, I posted before that Fwifo was not apearing at pluto, but I checked again and found him there... sorry about that.

The multiplayer bug is still there (where both pads controll the same ship in a vs game), I want to know if someone else have that problem or if that is just I problem I have (configuration Maybe).

Thanks.

Javitole, no se por que tengas ese problema pero probablemente tenga que ver con el BIOS que tenga programado tu modchip o algun setup de tu dashboard.

A mi me funciona bien, y esto es lo que yo tengo:

Xbox V1.1
Bios 4981
Dashboards Avalaunch/Evolution X/ Unleash X

#105 javitole

javitole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:31 PM

Hi again.This weekend I´ll try to put a diferent bios on xbox.

Thanks again.

Mexpack,gracias por contestarme haber si este fin de semana pruebo otra bios.Tengo actualmente una xbox 1.6 con hd de origen y el smartXX con el evox metido.

Dos preguntillas rapidas:

żJuegas desde cd rom o disco duro?
Si es en disco duro,żen que unidad y directorio metes el juego?

Recibe un cordial saludo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users