• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshimashin

Yoshimashin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Anime,Manga,Bushido, basicly anything japanese... oh computers and the XBOX
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:45 AM

Hey guys. I was going to use this guide:

"

5. connect to your xbox via ftp (usually with FlashFXP)

6. press ctrl+r on your keyboard. type 'Formatpath \Device\Harddisk0\Partition7' in the box that pops up.

7. The FTP app will echo a hard drive key (display a long number in a dialog box). Use that key for the next command.

FormatDrive 'the number' (no quotes)

8. say "TADA!!" really loudly"

I was wondering if this would delete anything thats on my F:\ or E:\ drives, because that would really suck.

#2 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:49 AM

I was wondering if this would delete anything thats on my F:\
it might, depending on how much you already have stored

the real question is: why would you want a G partition on a 160gb hd?

#3 slobber

slobber

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:52 AM

Yes. Don't do it if you want to keep what's on your hard drive. To get the G drive you will have to use a BIOS that has the G drive enabled. Reflash your BIOS with one that supports G (you can edit the BIOS you are currently using and re-flash with it, using something like EVTOOL; there are a few others).

#4 Yoshimashin

Yoshimashin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Anime,Manga,Bushido, basicly anything japanese... oh computers and the XBOX

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:56 AM

I just did. When I first formatted my HDD I had an out-of-date BIOS, so I didnt format the whole 160GB. just 137. So how would I go about getting that extra space enabled?

#5 slobber

slobber

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:11 AM

I believe SlaYer's Auto-Installer has an option for formatting the G drive. I don't know the FTP command for formatting the G drive. I don't imagine it being possible to format just one partition on the drive using FTP.

#6 Yoshimashin

Yoshimashin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:17 AM

Yea, I have the Slayers disc. If I do it, I assume it will not delete anything on my other drives, am I correct?

#7 G0rd0z1||a

G0rd0z1||a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:29 AM

Having Just done this on my friend's Xbox....

1. Flash the bios to something that supports a g: partion, I used Xecuter's 4983.67 bios. To upgrade the bios, I flashed through Evox.

2. You then can use Slayer's Auto installer to just format the G: partition. If you select the format g: only option it will not touch anything else.

And that is it in a quickie. All the refernces I used are here I just didn't book mark them.

#8 Yoshimashin

Yoshimashin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:37 AM

My Slayers disc may be outdated, I dont see anything on G:\ installations...

I cant download a new one because I downgraded to 56k (dont have a job, parents suck, etc)

#9 Yoshimashin

Yoshimashin

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for your help guys, but I followed the FAQ that I originally had. It didnt delete anything on my other drives and I now have the other space.

#10 slobber

slobber

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:47 AM

I hadn't noticed the "...Partition7" in your first post. Now I feel stupid. Partition6 would format all the other drive letters. Partition7 would just create a new partition on the hard drive that G can see. D'oh!
unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users