3 replies to this topic

#1 burnerO

burnerO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:53 PM

After the recent release of UIX fell short of what I'd hoped for (hype), I went about customizing the M$ Dash to my liking. I'm a firm believer in original's soundtrack menu style, so after plenty of reading and some meddling I finally got it working to my liking in Lite. The four tabs now work like original (Emulators, Games, Applications, Settings in my case), and are fully customizable through the config.xbx. Additionally, I applied the freeze fix, got music/memory under settings, changed the DVD launching to be cleaner (no more dongle nagging message), and assigned the Y key to boot to an FTP application from the main menu.

The patch is for the lite_g_v1_withgamefixes archive, and has simple directions. Use thcpatch.exe to browse and patch tHcData\default.xip. Then replace the default config.xbx with the included file, and edit it to your liking.

http://consolevision...sc/thcpatch.zip

To get the dash to look even more like stock, change the setting:
Use Thc Orb=No
and follow this tutorial to recover the removed ring:
http://kanaberra.fre...showpage&pid=24

This was made possible by all of the code found round the board, as very little of it is my own. Take it easy.

#2 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:49 AM

Im sorry my ears/eyes must need cleaning - you say: (the often though impossible) built in FTP, Filemanager, and dongle free ms dvd player - ETC, ETC, ETC, fell short of your expectations?

have another _GOOD_ look at the dash man wink.gif

function before form
less is more
brown is the new black

all that jazz

#3 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:02 AM

OOOh did you assign a skin switching app to X??
and boxplorer to White?
Oh and what app does the config.xbx editing on the xbox??
burnerO, tell us what you didnt like in the first beta. Im mean thats why it's a beta right...
Im not trying to flame you or what you've put together. It's good to see people wanting an M$ style dash the way they want it. TeamUIX is trying to make one everyone will want.
Why didnt you try getting UIX to launch the old style menus? blink.gif

#4 SEHF

SEHF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:42 AM

Ok, not too bad of a mod to tHC lite, except it only allows for 4 possible folder options:

Somepeople have 4 or 5 folder options, not just games, apps, or emulators.

I for example have:

xbox games
hoembrew games
emulators
applications

So this dash won't work for me, but for others it will. To make this mod more accesible to noobs you should include the edited mainmenu5 file and also the option for remaining free space and whattever you want in system info. (These tuts can be found at kanaberra!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users